Question For Unbiasedspectator

TheScout

Unbiasedspectator, you've covered DCA's season better than anyone else so far this year. So i thought you might know this. I've been to 8 out of the 13 DCA games and I'm wondering how close Wooden is to breaking Lyon's CAREER rushing mark back from '96? I had a friend who played with Jeremy that year so I was just wondering....... Lyon's had about 5500 for his career I think (Best I remember)??? Is Wooden even close or am I just totally off? Do you have any stats or info? I'm trying to decide whether to go to Jackson or not(loooonnnnnngggg drive) this week but I probably won't be able to resist. <_< Thanx for any help

Scout, Lyon actually ended number 2 on the all time list behind "Scooter" Edwards. At the beginning of this season Wooden had 4,213 yards. Lyons had 5,499 and Edwards sit on top with 6,553. Not sure how many yards Wooden has racked up this year but he will probably wind up ahead of Lyon. I think it would be a stretch to take the #1 spot though.

Check out this link to DCA's records.

http://www.dcanet.org/uploads/1272/46869.pdf

Edited by lotofegg

DCA Career Rushing Records

1) Lorenza "Scooter" Edwards ---6,553 Yds-------87 TDs

2) Jeremy Lyon---------------------5,499 Yds--------79 TDs

3) Chris Wooden---------------------5,403 Yds --------61 TDs

Credit: DCANET.ORG

825445775[/snapback]

One note: Scooter played for five seasons. Not sure how much he gained as a 8th grader. Wooden reminds me alot of Scooter. He would run right through the defense. Wooden is not quite as fast tho.

Edited by FBGIRL

The fact that Wooden is even on the football field this year is only a testiment to his drive and determination. Most athletes would still be in rehab and he is playing football...very well I might say. He is the most complete back DCA has ever put on the field, barr none. Scooter would never hit you quite like Wooden will. No back DCA has ever played with the drive he does.

Good Luck to the entire Wildcat team. You are all truly amazing to watch.

Wooden is deffinately one of the toughest backs you will see. He never quits. Even when being tackled he keeps his feet moving and falls for another 5 yards. I don't know if youcan say he was better than Edwards. If you ever got to see Edwards play, you know he had no problem absolutely running over you or around you. Two guys came away with broken arms when trying to tackle him. There is a famous play in which Edwards broke 13 tackles on a TD run for about 60 yards. I have seen in on film and it is amazing. Keep in mind there are only 11 guys on the field.

Wooden is deffinately the best DCA has seen since. Lyon had the speed but he never ran as hard as Wooden. Lyon hesitated way to much.

Wooden is good, but he is not Scooter. Ask Coach Goodwin. He honestly should have won Mr. Football three times instead of twice. Lyon was able to run behind a good fullback in Daniel Daugherty and a line led by Ryan McSwain, but as said before he did hesitate to plunge. The '96 team was excellent. They beat two outstanding teams in the quarters and semi's (Trousdale and BGA with Troy Fleming) before absolutely destroying St. Benedict in the finals. Scooter's teams finished 1st in '88 and 2nd in'89. Wooden has a 2nd from last year and at least top 4 this year. All three have contributed to a great program, but the one thing that has remained the same throughout all three of them is Coach Goodwin. He even coached basketball one time and won the district then too. DCA is fortunate to have him.

Scout, you just need to pack up and go to Jackson. This will be a great game. Again two undefeated teams both from very rich athletic programs. Both are very strong teams. I do feel the DCA Team is on a mission. They have unfinished business in Murfreesboro and they have been steering toward that goal since last Dec. Obviously USJ has a lot of weapons or they would not be in the semi-finals.

I do think by the time you get to this point in the season...throw out the common opponents and stats. Everyone is playing for their life and that can mean alot more than any statistic. This is what High School football is all about. Good Luck to both teams...Good Luck wilDCAts.