Dresden beats Lake Co

mrbigster

Dresden pulled out a win over my Lady Falcons 32-25...The half time score was 11-8 in favor of Lake Co...Lake Co actually had a 16-8 lead in the third quarter and Dresden caught up going in the 4th quarter and won...Both teams couldn't hit the ocean from the floor..Dresden won this game at the free throw line...I know Dresden has 3 girls I remember from last year because I remember #11,#30,and #44...Plus Lake Co's big girl and best player won't be back until after Christmas..Unless Dresden just had one of those nights,I don't believe this team is nowhere near the team they were last year..They threw the ball away numerous times...I really thought with our best player out they would win by close to twenty..Lake Co doesn't have the outside shooting..They have good athletes but no shooters....Terrible game by both teams...

Dresden played the worst game they have played by far this year. They have scored at least 63 points in every game except this. You are right neither team could hit water if they fell out of a boat. This is Dresden's 3rd game in 4 days all on the road so that might have had something to do with it. As the saying goes, "good teams find a way to win games that they don't play well in." I think that is what Dresden did in this game.

Edited by RunAndJump

Dresden 2 8 18 32

Lake Co. 3 11 18 25

Dresden-Kaci Bailey 11, Levister 7, Quinton 2, Hughes 5, Dubriel 1, Rook 3, Riggs 3.

Lake Co.-Crawford 5, Geanes 2, Gray 4, Gross 5, Kinney 1, Boyd 1, Jordan 7.

Let me put some numbers to the shooting descriptions. Actually Lake Co. didn't shoot the ball bad. Their % came down in the 4th quarter when they were jacking up 3's trying to catch up. Dresden shot 9% from the field the 1st half, 17% for the game. 1-12 from 3-pt range. At one point they were 7-14 at the FT line but closed with 10-11 to win it in 4th quarter. Dresden is better than they played tonight and Lake Co. will get better, especially after Christmas.