OOLTEWAH ADDS NEW OPPONENTS FOR 2005

Ooltewah "whoo whoo"

I know the facts boys and If you do not believe me ask one of your players to ask their coach why would they not accept a game with the Owls next year? I thought region 4 and only one good team in region 1 would like to play and prove they are the best in the state so go ahead and play your cup cakes and if you change your mind give us a call. To be the best you have to play the best. Go Owls.

825450568[/snapback]

The Big, Bad, Owls have a couple of good seasons in the past 50 years and now you want to talk smack about teams being afraid to play you. YEAH, RIGHT !!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why D.B. did not play those nasty Owls week 0. They already had a deal worked out to play the Elizabethton Cyclones. D.B. is going back to the old days of three classes and adding Tenn. High and Betsy back to there schedule. All 3 were quaterfinals teams in 04. All 3 are close and have great travel numbers. Good competion good gates makes great sense.

Good luck to all 3 in 05. Should be some good games, I hope my little Clones can hang with them there red skins. It will be a test of great proportion for us.

Somebody was talking about being scared and having tradition I believe Riverdale and the Indians aint scared and I believe they both have alot of tradition a whole lot. I remember the days when my Cyclones played in the Big 9 with D.B. and The Hill and our non-conferense games were Oak Ridge and Ronake Patrick Henry from Ronake Va.

We were crazy.

Edited by Drem2Achev

Why travel 100+ miles when you can play a tradition rich team like TN High School or Cleveland close to home??? Besides that, when you play a brutal conference schedule, why make it worse? Look at major college football..Is TN or Alabama going to play USC or Oklahoma in week 1 or 2? No. Why? Because they don't need those games, which they very well may lose, to prove themselves as a quality team. They can save those games for the postseason.

If Ooltewah wants to play DB, or vice versa, do it in the playoffs. End of story.

825451827[/snapback]

Ooltewah wants to play good competition at the front of the season for when they go to the playoffs they will be ready to play to the good competition thumb

Should have called 624.8300 and asked for Bill Cherry. Didn't realize they would rather drive to Rhea and to Cookville to avoid some local competition.

825451094[/snapback]

Do not get me wrong McCallie is a good team but there is some bad blood between the two administrations which makes this match up highly unlikely in the near future. If they ever get over it I think this game could be bigger than Baylor vs. McCallie or Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy, McMinn, Chattanooga Central. I would go as far to say this would probably be this hardest hitting, trash talking, high penalty great game and I would love to see it.

Yea right, After a couple years you guys would want out of the game. Its amazing how cocky some people get after one good year. (if you call 8-3 or 9-3 a good year) Ooltewah never played anybody until their last 4 games and they lost 3 of them. Soddy Daisy never played anybody until their last 5 games and they lost 3. Oak Ridge "IS" Region 2, and I don't see any change in that anytime in the near future.

PS: if you'all need to know anything else just let me know.

WaCo :D JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Guest DiveDoc

Waco, I want to know what your reasoning on how DB will be better next year. I can see them getting just as far as we did this year, but unless OR has a down year next year, I don't see them advancing.