OOLTEWAH ADDS NEW OPPONENTS FOR 2005

Ooltewah "whoo whoo"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone outside the state of Georgia is willing to face Parkview if they don't have too. De La Salle turned down an offer from Coach Flowe for a game @ De La Salle!! Too scared. Panthers are about to wrap up another state title @ this Big Orange Jungle this weekend! Too bad Camden County lost in the Semi's! We wanted revenge...

yeah... with ooltewah losing 4 big senior starters and having back 18 other starters and bringing up the best soph class in the state, the owls will really be quite terrible!

825457597[/snapback]

The best sophmore class in the state?? I think you are mistaken there. Dobyns Bennett's sophs went 10-0 feshmen year and also maryville went either 7-0 or 8-0. They may be good but definitly not the best in the state...

we'll see... these kids won every regular season game and everyone they contacted for enough games to fill out the schedule backed out on them .. they ended up losing to farragut in some kind of finals game... they ended like 7-1 but destroyed everyone in teh regular season.

im not sure that i know of them. when i was living in lilburn as a little kid my best friend was jeff francoeur, we lost touch once i moved away but my sister transferred from ooltewah to Parkview in '98. before that it had been since the late 80's that anyone i knew was a student at Parkview(my cousin Donald Naylor). Im sure someone i know knows them, especially seeing as how it's such a tight knit community.

• 2 weeks later...

I am excited to see Ooltewah is picking up new teams, unstead of playing the same ones over and over. Ooltewah is only losing about five big starting seniors in, Marcus Williams, Antonio Lansden, Gary Ibargan, John Gregory, and Nick Robinson. Ans with a sophmore class that won the freshmen championship last year and a freshmen class they went undefeated all the way until the championship, Ooltewah will be dynamite next season. The Cookeville game will be a Great game next season and will definately bring a crowd. I think it is good that we got someone else like Rhea, and no affense to Rhea, but like others I wish could have gotten a bigger name school with a great record last year. But overall 2005 season is going to be a good one, Good luck in 2005 Owls.

I am excited to see Ooltewah is picking up new teams, unstead of playing the same ones over and over. Ooltewah is only losing about five big starting seniors in, Marcus Williams, Antonio Lansden, Gary Ibargan, John Gregory, and Nick Robinson. Ans with a sophmore class that won the freshmen championship last year and a freshmen class they went undefeated all the way until the championship, Ooltewah will be dynamite next season. The Cookeville game will be a Great game next season and will definately bring a crowd. I think it is good that we got someone else like Rhea, and no affense to Rhea, but like others I wish could have gotten a bigger name school with a great record last year. But overall 2005 season is going to be a good one, Good luck in 2005 Owls.

825482238[/snapback]

Well it would have been nice to have gotten Riverdale or DB, but Rhea County has traditionally been a very good football team around this area. Rhea County is no pushover.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Well it would have been nice to have gotten Riverdale or DB, but Rhea County has traditionally been a very good football team around this area.  Rhea County is no pushover.

825482329[/snapback]

I agree Grad, Rhea isn't the kind of team I would have wanted to pick up, of course I sure Gatewood would have wanted some better teams too. Cause better teams only make you better for having played them. But we will have to settle with this schedule for next season.

I'm not going to get into the whole DB/OR/Riverdale/Ooltewah arguement. I'm just glad that Cookeville is getting some respect again....FINALLY!! Coach Joslin has made football big in Cookeville again. It got so bad in the '70's that by the time I got there in the '80's, noone wanted to play us, because it wasn't worth it for them. We had some good years (7-3, 6-4), but were never considered a top tier team. I know those records don''t look good, but that was when we were in Dist. 7AAA, and Oakland, Lebanon, and Riverdale were too, so it was hard to do any better than that. We rarely lost a non-district game. Now, we are playing a tough non-region schedule, thanks to Coach J putting us back up "Near" the top. I'm glad we got the game with the Owls. And thanks to your coaches for wanting to play us. thumb

Oh, by the way, bud, I've read all of the posts on this thread, and you've been running your mouth, or should I say your fingers, more than anyone on here!