Hope Proctor

CloudDrakan

On Nov. 23 at the Red Bank, Dalton, Cookville match I got to see Hope Proctor wrestle against a Dalton kid, and I was very impressed. I know she said she is a 119 pounder and thats the weight she is used to and wants to go, but she has not started cutting. Well, against Dalton they put her in at 130lbs and I thought "Why would you gie up six points like that?" The Dalton kid scored the first takedown, but when the second period started and she threw in those legs, she rode him for three back points no problem. Then third period he scored a takedown on her but had a Technical Violation, locking the legs around her head below the knee. She got one point and it went to overtime tied 4-4. She lacked neutral skills and was taken down again, but to take a varstiy member from another school to overtime and wrestling two weight classes up from what you are used to is hard even for most guys, so I was impressed to see her do so well. She is killer from that leg ride and I feel if she can get some neutral technique, shoot some more and score more on feet she will be a deadly threat. Plus here at Red Bank we added a new member to the team today, her name is Story Reddick, she wrestled girls wrestling and was amazing, very aggressive and very motivated. We have no 119 pounder so she will be filling in that spot, maybe not this year but if she stays with it she'll be a major threat soon.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex give it a rest!  They are not letting them in the Rangers or Spec OPs so your safe.

825453239[/snapback]

rigger, do I tell you not to have an opinion on here? No. You are as opinioned as anybody. I happen to think it is a bad thing to have co-ed wrestling. You can disagree, but do not ask me not to comment.

rigger, do I tell you not to have an opinion on here?  No.  You are as opinioned as anybody.  I happen to think it is a bad thing to have co-ed wrestling.  You can disagree, but do not ask me not to comment.

825453263[/snapback]

Yeah Opinios ae like A##s everyone has one. I've been known to have be a big one. LOL :D

Have anyone you know went against a female?

Both of my Young Men have been against Females. Usely when they get above 140lbs, You don't see too many wrestling.

Yeah Opinios ae like A##s everyone has one.  I've been known to have be a big one.  LOL :D

Have anyone you know went against a female?

Both of my Young Men have been against Females.  Usely when they get above 140lbs, You don't see too many wrestling.

825453304[/snapback]

140 lbs is a big girl. There may be exceptions to how skilled a female can be against a male wrestler, but it is the exception, circus show stuff.

Soddy runs a girls wrestling match to raise money for their program and that is about right for where that belongs, in my eyes. I am not asking for agreement or even trying to change your mind. It is just my opinion on the sport of wrestling.

Meh, if a girl can go through the same practice a guy can go through with now special treatment then I think she has as much right as the guy next to her to be on that team.  Smyrna has a lighter weight girl from (I think) California who is pretty darn good.  Just my two cents...

825454996[/snapback]

Good point, but it was not my point. Mine is there should be separate teams. For instance, what was said earlier on this thread regarding the Red Bank team, they could not fill a weight class, so a female is in that slot now. By default. My comment about a sad day for Red Bank has two issues, one is a once very strong team cannot put a full male team on the mat, the other is the sport does not have a team for the females.

Just my opinion on it. Heck, I hope the girl does well enough to not get hurt and nobody has to go in front of a school board.

Good point, but it was not my point.  Mine is there should be separate teams.  For instance, what was said earlier on this thread regarding the Red Bank team, they could not fill a weight class, so a female is in that slot now.  By default.  My comment about a sad day for Red Bank has two issues, one is a once very strong team cannot put a full male team on the mat, the other is the sport does not have a team for the females. 

Just my opinion on it.  Heck, I hope the girl does well enough to not get hurt and nobody has to go in front of a school board.

825455373[/snapback]

Again, Proctor has never filled a weight class. She dominated it.