Hope Proctor

CloudDrakan

I would have to agree with Bulldog76, and say that i do not think girls should wrestle, however, in Hope's case, for all of the guy's on the Cookeville wrestling team who have been around for a couple of years know her and do not think of her as a girl anymore, she is just another wrestler (she has been practicing with the high school team since she was in 6th grade).  My freshman year, i wrestled her every day in practice, and at first she kicked my tail cuz i had never wrestled before and she had, but by the end of the year i could beat her, but she pretty much taught me how to wrestle.  i still use a lot of the style she uses because thats all i ever saw my freshman year and it kinda stuck.  I do not know if she will place at state in her career or not, but i am fairly certain she will be at least a 2x or 3x qualifier.

825457066[/snapback]

Do U think she will start this year? If so what weight?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she can get to 119, she will start.  She could start at 130 if she wats to, but she just hasnt wrestled off for it because she is planning on going to 119.  she will end up starting somewhere.  She is too fundamentally sound not to start!

825459013[/snapback]

With the new certification, I'm surprised she can go that low.

We have kids who way 116 and are not allowed to go any lower. I guess they will see her at 119.

She better research the issue and make sure she's not going to hurt herself in the future by losing down to 119.

I thought I read that one of the dangers of female wrestling is losing too much weight.

Let her know there allot of us from around the state that wish her the best of luck. Or tell her to get on here and give us her view!

Edited by rigger101

With the new certification, I surprised she can go that low.  We have kids who way 116 and are not allowed to go any lower.  I guess they will see her at 119.

She better research the issue and make sure she's not going to hurt herself in the future by losing down to 119.

I thought I read that one of the dangers of female wrestling is losing too much weight.

Let her know there allot of us from around the state that wish her the best of luck.  Or tell her to get on here and give us her view!

825459412[/snapback]

rigger, although I disagree with having females on the male team, I think most of those who think that way, still wish her luck. It is the concept of having females on the team that I do not like. Asking this female participant to get on the board and give her fellings may not be wise. Just my opinion. I would not like it to become a personal thing for this particular wrestler.

rigger, although I disagree with having females on the male team, I think most of those who think that way, still wish her luck.  It is the concept of having females on the team that I do not like.  Asking this female participant to get on the board and give her fellings may not be wise.  Just my opinion.  I would not like it to become a personal thing for this particular wrestler.

825459660[/snapback]

Good Point Tex.