Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

PLEEEEEAAASSEEE send in your stories... Saturday is designed to be a 2004 "commemorative edition" type thing... we want it to be very memorable for everyone involved...

dodyer@tennessean.com (Doug Dyer), lnelson@tennessean.com (Lauren Nelson) or dostewart@tennessean.com (Donovan Stewart)

PS... so far we have one submission... I know there were at least 6,000 on Franklin's side Saturday night... please help us...

825471048[/snapback]

Just wanting to remind all the Franklin fans of this once more. As sportsguy said, let's make this awesome! Send in your stories! I'm sending mine right now... thumb

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to really say, i am on here cuz the season is over and i can finally talk( no need to talk during the season, words mean nothing) but yes Riverdale deserves everything they are getting, from a praise standpoint.  As of kicking in college, things are in the talking stages right now with a few schools but I am not sure which direction i am headed.

825469222[/snapback]

Best of luck to you. There's no doubt you'll play somewhere if that's what you decide to do. You really made it tough on teams making them start from the 20 every single time, and hit some clutch kicks. Good luck man

CALL4BRUINS, very classy man. I'd like to just add to your point about clutch kicks...

1) 55 yard FG vs Clarksville 2004 Playoffs- ended up being the difference in the game

2) OT game winner vs Brentwood 2003 Regular Season- 'nuff said.

3) Game-tying FG vs Hendersonville 2003 Playoffs- without this, Franklin wouldn't have forced OT last year... can't remember the distance on it, but it wasn't a chip shot if I recall correctly

4) 3 of 3 vs Germantown 2004 Playoffs- kept Franklin in the game until the offense really got going

There are several others. Some GOOD college team is going to get a guy who is nearly perfect under pressure.

region4fan, as soon as I can access my e-mail again, I'll post what I sent in.

Appreciate it rebel27, when you say class, it reminds me of this Franklin football team. The "Rebels" cheer ranks up there with the Centennial cheers as far as being abnoxious for the other team to listen to, but these players are extremely classy(not saying the cheers aren't) I announced the games for Brentwood the past 2 years and went down on the field to talk to the players afterward, and this year after Franklin knocked us out, I talked to several of those guys. Unlike the Centennial-Brentwood and Ravenwood-Brentwood rivalries, there is more respect in the Franklin-Brentwod one. There is less jawing after plays, just more sportsmanship in general. I can't say that I pulled for Franklin at state because of our rivalry, but I respect them more than any team Brentwood plays. I admire class, and those players show it. I hope people can say the same when they come across Brentwood players.

Edited by CALL4BRUINS

CALL4BRUINS, very classy man. I'd like to just add to your point about clutch kicks...

1) 55 yard FG vs Clarksville 2004 Playoffs- ended up being the difference in the game

2) OT game winner vs Brentwood 2003 Regular Season- 'nuff said.

3) Game-tying FG vs Hendersonville 2003 Playoffs- without this, Franklin wouldn't have forced OT last year... can't remember the distance on it, but it wasn't a chip shot if I recall correctly

4) 3 of 3 vs Germantown 2004 Playoffs- kept Franklin in the game until the offense really got going

There are several others. Some GOOD college team is going to get a guy who is nearly perfect under pressure.

region4fan, as soon as I can access my e-mail again, I'll post what I sent in.

825472897[/snapback]

What a career he had! I look forward to watching him kick in college.

Guest region4fan
"Attitude reflects leadership, Captain"

I know you guys know what movie this is from. I know I do.

825472964[/snapback]

Says Big Julius to Gerry. Ahhhh...love that movie.