Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Another thing... for the Franklin fans... in the Williamson AM today they asked for us to send in our memories/congratulatory messages/ etc etc from this past season. They're running a big special in next Saturday's Review Appeal that you won't want to miss, I'm sure. Be a part of it and e-mail your thoughts to the guys there...

They really do want a lot of people to participate... and I know there's plenty of you that'll read this who don't post... I know who a lot of you are now so pass on the word about this! Make this something special!

825469633[/snapback]

PLEEEEEAAASSEEE send in your stories... Saturday is designed to be a 2004 "commemorative edition" type thing... we want it to be very memorable for everyone involved...

dodyer@tennessean.com (Doug Dyer), lnelson@tennessean.com (Lauren Nelson) or dostewart@tennessean.com (Donovan Stewart)

PS... so far we have one submission... I know there were at least 6,000 on Franklin's side Saturday night... please help us...

Edited by sportsguy1976

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sportsguy, the entire drive to Franklin I was reminding myself to tell everyone I ran into on Saturday about this... yes, that failed... badly. I was kicking myself in the butt the whole way home yesterday for not telling people. Hopefully they'll see this... I know a ton of people I talked to told me they get on here soooo we'll see. Again, I'm sorry!

Oakland[/url]' date='Dec 6 2004 - 03:52 PM']no offense to dave, but there is no way he is even virginia tech caliber. the man is a good fball player, but not virginia tech good

825470954[/snapback]

Actually VT is interested in Dave as a punt returner and DB.So you dont know what your talking about.He is VT material but more than likely will not be going there.

Guest Oakland
What makes you think he isn't?  I didn't get to see him play, but I spoke with Coach Joslin at Cookeville last Friday, and he told me how impressed he was with him!  So, if you're not a coach, I hardly think that makes you as good a judge of talent as he is.  Same with Coach Rankin.  If he wasn't good enough to play at a top tier D-I team, I doubt he would get in on 90% of the plays at Riverdale!  Yea, yea, I know he touches it all of the plays as a QB, but I mean having the play revolve around him.  With the way they disposed of everyone they played this season, most of them in very convincing fashion, I think that makes the D-I case for Thomas.

825471714[/snapback]

dave is a d-1 player there is no mistaking that, i just dont think he is THAT good. anyway, its a moot point because he will probably end up going to middle so he can stay close to jacqui ;) I only saw dave play at least 15 times over the course of his career so i think i would know how good he is.

Edited by Oakland

Guest region4fan

Dave was a receiver in his frosh and soph days.Add in QB, punter, return man, DB.............take your pick at what position he can play. I also heard some schools are looking at him at linebacker??

Oakland[/url]' date='Dec 6 2004 - 10:54 PM']dave is a d-1 player there is no mistaking that, i just dont think he is THAT good. anyway, its a moot point because he will probably end up going to middle so he can stay close to jacqui ;)

825471719[/snapback]

Yeah the story about him and his gf, has made me have a high regard for him as a human being, he has a big heart on and off the field.