Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Maryville wins the State title. I believe (and hopefully) Melrose will give us a better game than we saw tonight vs. THS. I dont know much about Melrose, other than the fact at how many D1 players they had last year, but after seeing the game tonight and talking with the guys it is obvious Maryville just wants it more. Maryville will be on top, but it will be a close game.

hey somedude,

I got to talk with Matty V and Rhett at Hooties tonite. They both were pretty ubnderwhelmed by the lack of competition. I hate that. THS's fans thought they had a chance. Isn't incredible the talnet difference. THS had some great players though. Whitten was great, as advertised. If there was one person I wouldn't play both ways, it would be him. He NEEDS to concentrate on offense OR defense.

hey somedude,

I got to talk with Matty V and Rhett at Hooties tonite.  They both were pretty ubnderwhelmed by the lack of competition.  I hate that.  THS's fans thought they had a chance.  Isn't incredible the talnet difference.  THS had some great players though.  Whitten was great, as advertised.  If there was one person I wouldn't play both ways, it would be him.  He NEEDS to concentrate on offense  OR defense.

825454364[/snapback]

I was just as underwhelmed myself. Whitten was a very good ball player and so was Zach Morton. I think the level of competition in their region did not prepare them at all for us. I read an article about the Whitehouse vs. Melrose game and of what I read I think we have a better chance at winning the state title. It seemed Melrose had a few playmakers but no great team effort. Marville is good at shutting down the players that can hurt us and if we do that then we should be ok. I've always heard talk that Melrose never has a decent kicker and they miss a lot of PATs and FGs, and the article I read they missed a PAT they left the score 20-7, so that looks like that could be a weakness for Melrose.

You'll be in Murfreesboro won't you?? I know you wont miss it.

BRO!!! I own box seats :angry: You think I'd miss the Murf in December?!! We need to try to get everyone together for "chicken parts" down there before the game. Myabe after the game to watch the SEC Championship!!

We at maryville see a lot of teams with "atheletes" and "individuals" and "speedsters". There's a reason they stand out. First, their team rarely has any other talented players and second (I can't stress this enuff), they obviously do not have a great feeder system.

I grew up in Maryville's feeder, from midget ball on up. Very few teams get to appreciate the kind of development and team unity we have because their kids do not get the same football 101 as ours do and they usually do not play all their lives together. I guarantee our kids could finish each others sentences...

moyers...... you're exactly right......the biggest football dynasy in maryville is probably the Southerners/ REbs...well now the Lil Rebs too ..... imean no place in TN , probably in america, has such a good football program for children as maryville does..... this rebel team has played with eachother since they were 9 years old...... almost ten years of being together every season....... most of them in the same position they were in during PEEWEE's..... i believe due to this TEAM spirit maryville will pull together and shine in murf and bring us anohter ball.... hey i wanna sit in some box seats...... one of ur posts moyers said u wouldnt be there but now u are saying u are so u need to make ur mind up

Never said I wouldn't be there bro. You have me confused with someone else...as is often the case.

We think we have good football here. In Texas, football is a religion. The high school stadiums look like small college stadiums. They play from roughly age 5 on....I can't believe Texas doesn't have more Nat Champion teams....

That, of course takes nothing away from what we have...just a reality check. Our program in Maryville mimicks most Texas programs well. Go see Friday nite Lights. It'll remind you of Maryville a lot thumb