14-0 DCA Pounds Yet Another Unbeaten Team

unbiasedspectator

DCA defeats previously unbeaten USJ 33-0 tonight.

DCA didn't play their best tonight as a collective unit but Chris Wooden was more than enough by himself tonight scoring 5 touchdowns.

Notes on the Game

-The wind played a huge factor in the kicking game. DCA missed an extra point and the punts tonight were horrible. The passing game wasn't effected as much as I thought it would be, but then again there weren't many passes thrown.

-The score would have been much worse had it not been for DCA fumbling 3 times deep in USJ territory. On the last one, DCA fumbled the ball on the USJ 1 yard line and USJ returned it inside DCA's ten yard line. DCA proceeded to push them backward as they had done all night and allow no points.

-DCA picked off 2 USJ passes which is below their average, but there weren't many passes thrown as I've already stated. DCA's has now accumulated 35 picks on the year.

-USJ held Fenwich in check but Wooden picked up the slack by scoring 5 TDs of 21 yards(this one was on 4th down), 4 yards, 74 yards(following an interception), and 2 other short ones that I don't have the official yardage on. I'm sure Wooden had over 200 yards himself and DCA had a lot more as a team.

-DCA was missing Hall, one of their 2 best wideouts, so Garrett carried the receiving load, which tonight wasn't a big one.

Congrats to USJ on a 13-1 season and DCA for advancing to the State Title yet again.

I'll be back with official stats.

Edited by unbiasedspectator

This game may be an indicator of life in 2A for USJ over the next few years.There is only going to be one region in this part of West Tn & USJ will be part in with Huntingdon,Milan,Westview & Humboldt so I think they'll struggle some while making the adjustment.

825454743[/snapback]

DCA would kill every single one of those teams. USJ will be competitive next year and in the years to come.

DCA would kill every single one of those teams.  USJ will be competitive next year and in the years to come.

825454987[/snapback]

USJ will have a regular season schedule that will be tough to break a .500 winning percentage. I doubt if the USJ fans believe this but you will find out next year. I don't believe you should be in 2A but that is the TSSAA for you. The region opponents for you next year will be much tougher than the region you have faced over the last few years. I know JCS and TCA have had competitive teams in the last few years but they don't compare to what you will face every week. JMO!!!

So much for team speed. All I heard all week was how fast USJ was. Wooden had a 74-yard touchdown run and was untouched. A USJ defender was caught from behind on a fumble return, which was their only chance to score. First and goal from the ten and they only went backwards from there. DCA's defense just keeps getting better and better. They are so well coached. Not that they don't have athletes, but their technique, positioning and scheme are outstanding. This game was a couple of dropped interceptions away from being a 50-point game.