Cade Thompson Wins Mr. Football

Somedude

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he's matured since then.  You act like I said he is horrible or something.  All I said is that I don't think he's THE best QB in the state, but definitely in the top 5.

825458305[/snapback]

I was just simply saying that he is a lot better than when you saw him play two years ago. Thats all.

I agree that the guy from Maryville is awesome (don't know the other guy Thomas).  But unfortunately I don't think he'll be playing much at UNC.  He is just a skinny semi-tall high school QB that gets the job done.  He's not what I would consider an "outstanding" college prospect.  I don't want to take anything away from his accomplishments though -- he's done exactly all the right things and he wins high school football games.  I hope he does really well, but from a pragmatic perspective I don't believe he has D1 starter potential.  I am from blount county and my personal opinion is that the guy from alcoa a few years ago was a better QB.

825458310[/snapback]

I disagree. Cade has the potential there to be a great quarterback. He may not play at UNC as a sophomore like he did in high school, but the coaches there know what they want. Just because he is skinny doesnt make him not D-1 material. I'm sure the guys over at UNC could bulk him up after a couple of years and have him ready to go as a junior or senior. Hopefully that is the case, but I cant predict the future.

The voters decided that Cade deserved Mr Back in 4a. The voters decided Thomas deserved Mr Back in 5a. Both will play in college. Cade will probably play qb in college and Thomas will probably play another position. Both of these players are deserving, as all of the nominees are.

825458286[/snapback]

not to mention cade being a darn good quarterback, he can also boot the ball pretty good at place kicker, ive seen him hit a 50 yarder just messin around before, he could be a kicker for NC no joke

not to mention cade being a darn good quarterback, he can also boot the ball pretty good at place kicker, ive seen him hit a 50 yarder just messin around before, he could be a kicker for NC no joke

825458445[/snapback]

I know most of you proabably wont believe Raider, but I've seen it as well. He can sure boot it.

CADE THOMPSON

MARYVILLE REBELS

Position: QB

Class: Senior

Jersey: 7

2004-2005 PLAYER STATISTICS

RUSHING Yds: 70 Att: 22 Long: TDs: 2

PASSING Yds: 1663 Comp: 100 Att: 173 Ints: 2 Long: TDs: 23

Passing Yards

8/20 CARTER W 55-6 100

8/27 ALCOA W 31-18 179

9/3 HALLS W 24-0 157

9/10 HERITAGE W 45-0 110

9/16 MORRISTOWN WEST W 38-0 181

9/24 WILLIAM BLOUNT W 49-21 207

10/1 POWELL W 42-10 166

10/15 WEST W 49-14 257

10/22 CENTRAL W 56-10 135

10/29 CLINTON W 57-10 171

Cant find playoff stats

I think Cade will be a solid backup on the d1 level maybe able to start by his senior year if everything goes right for him.

Ive also seen him kick he can kill it