Ooltewah at McMinn

DukeRules12

I think McMinn should win if they are knocking down their shots from the outside, if they dont, they will have a tough time with a very athletic Ooltewah team. They need to get some penetration and dish it out for a 3 more often. BC needs to step up and play.

825460286[/snapback]

First of all, he needs to step up and make a lay-up, then play the rest of his game.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if this kid did have a stellar game until he was taken out, like i said, coach baker, most likely will have a way to shut him down in this rematch. ooltewah wins again.

825460256[/snapback]

Your'e exactly right. Coach Baker is an awesome coach. He's not one to play an opponent the same way twice. He will tweek Ooltewah's game plan. I got Ooltewah by 10.

I expected alot out of the Owls, on Sat. and they proved that in the fourth. Great outstanding play lead them to victory, Ooltewah has the ability to run away with this game. McMinn Co. I believe won't play as good as they have been, and fall to Ooltewah.

Owls- 67

Cherokees- 55

825458812[/snapback]

GREAT PICK.......... B) MCMINN dominated this game on their way to a 14 point victory. Like I said, Nick Arnwine was the leader of this team and sparked them, also, Jarod Price showed his guts by coming back into the game for valuable minutes after having his head busted in the 3rd quarter with about 2 mins left. He had to leave the game due to blood all over his face but came back in....what a warrior.

Price is at the hospital right now getting stitches on his forehead. Jrock, i wouldnt say McMinn dominated, they dominated the last 4 minutes of the game though. Blake Cobb stepped up and played a lot better than he has of late. Justin Hicks didnt play as he usually does but came up wif a big block on big CURTIS(#42) wen he was on a breakaway goin up for a dunk, which really sparked the student section to get into tha game. I think Curtis got a little rattled by them.

Price is at the hospital right now getting stitches on his forehead. Jrock, i wouldnt say McMinn dominated, they dominated the last 4 minutes of the game though. Blake Cobb stepped up and played a lot better than he has of late. Justin Hicks didnt play as he usually does but came up wif a big block on big CURTIS(#42) wen he was on a breakaway goin up for a dunk, which really sparked the student section to get into tha game. I think Curtis got a little rattled by them.

825460745[/snapback]

Sorry....I can't always be right, but gimme is right, they didn't dominate, just did what Ooltewah did to them, it was poor fourth quarter playing by the Owls. That was the first fourth quarter this season, they didn't dominate. Sorry Owls, but Good Luck in their next game.

825460745[/snapback]

dang foo give me a break..........they dominated crunch time... i think the main spark came when price went out.... i believe they were down 2 then?? They never looked back... the crowd erupted when he came out of the locker room w/ a bandage wrapped around his head

IMO, the turning point of the game was when Porter got the T. Once again, the Owls' guard play and bench let them down again. McMinn played better tonight, especially on the defensive end. But Coach Baker's mind was probably distracted tonight with the baby (Chris became a father again on Monday night: for the McMinn County folks, he has a prominate display in YOUR trophy case in the lobby). just my thoughts.

IMO, the turning point of the game was when Porter got the T. Once again, the Owls' guard play and bench let them down again. McMinn played better tonight, especially on the defensive end. But Coach Baker's mind was probably distracted tonight with the baby (Chris became a father again on Monday night: for the McMinn County folks, he has a prominate display in YOUR trophy case in the lobby). just my thoughts.

825461375[/snapback]

Excuses, excuses. I'm not saying Baker wasn't worrying about his baby, but that's not the reason they lost. McMinn just outplayed them. You also can't say that it was because of the play off the bench, because McMinn's bench play is 10x worse than Ooltewahs, so get off that theory. Ooltewah is a good team, but MCHS is just a better one this year. By the way, what prominate display would that be and what is Baker's first name?

Excuses, excuses. I'm not saying Baker wasn't worrying about his baby, but that's not the reason they lost. McMinn just outplayed them. You also can't say that it was because of the play off the bench, because McMinn's bench play is 10x worse than Ooltewahs, so get off that theory. Ooltewah is a good team, but MCHS is just a better one this year. By the way, what prominate display would that be and what is Baker's first name?

825461777[/snapback]

I wouldnt call McMinn the better team. They were better last night that is for sure. But you have to remember that Ooltewah beat them in the tournament last weekend. These two teams play again in two Fridays at Ooltewah and that should be really intresting. I thought that the Awrwine kid was the leader of that McMinn County team. Yet, remember these two teams could meet more than just two fridays from now as well.

Edited by InDepthInsider

825461777[/snapback]

yeah mcminn is such a better team this year since ooltewah beat them once and mcminn beat them once in just about the same way, it sure looks like they are so much better....and ooltewah has no bench at all from what everyones said, so i wouldn't say that mcminn's is worse