Wrestling Poll

ijtx

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the year the Purple Wave leaps to the forefront of DII? Can they jump over MBA and ND? I thought they lost a lot of seniors last year? Who do they have besides Marable and Baucke? Do they have FR on their schedule?

They may catch MBA at the Kenwood Klassic and Ryan later in the season. Will be interesting to see how they do. I understand that MBA and Ryan are younger this year. ND was pretty tough though last year.

What's the word out of Memphis about CBHS?

Does Farragut deserve a #5 ranking in the public school division without their State Champion, 140lb Scott Dix ?

825459743[/snapback]

Wrestling Home

The Farragut Admirals Wrestlng Team came in first in Region 2 with 173 total team points. Marvyille was sexond with 138 points. The Admirals had 3 Regional Champions and several runner-ups.

112-Erick Abercrombie-Region Runner-Up

125-Paul Mountain-3rd at Regionals-Returing

140-Scott Dix-Region Champion-returing

145-Ryan Farinella-4th at Regionals- Little Brother @ 119

152-Chad Turner-Region Champion- Little Brother @ 119+

160-Chad Blankenship-3rd at Regionals-returing

171-Justin Knox-Region Champion-returing

189-Nick Reveiz-Region Runner-up -returing

All of these wrestlers qualified for the state Tournament in Chattanooga on February 19-21. These wrestlers placed in the state.

140-Scott Dix-State Champion

152-Chad Turner-State Runner-Up

171-Justin Knox-State Runner-Up

The Farragut Wrestling Admirals finished 4th in State remarkably while only qualifying 8 wrestlers. Their team score was 80 points total. Great Season Admirals!

Just a reminder of who we are!

Is this the year the Purple Wave leaps to the forefront of DII?  Can they jump over MBA and ND?  I thought they lost a lot of seniors last year?  Who do they have besides Marable and Baucke?  Do they have FR on their schedule?

They may catch MBA at the Kenwood Klassic and Ryan later in the season.  Will be interesting to see how they do.  I understand that MBA and Ryan are younger this year.  ND was pretty tough though last year.

What's the word out of Memphis about CBHS?

825461864[/snapback]

I haven't seen the Brothers in a dual this year but saw a few of them at preseason and now there kids fairly well so I can share some but keep in mind it does come from an outsider to their program and it is just what another West TN coach sees:

Of course Marable and Baucke are back and ready to get out and make an impact. I would keep Josh Riddle in mind for one as he is a solid wrestler and as a senior should help as a leader and will wrestle with more determination than ever before (not that he lacked any previously). Alsobrook will be back as the key little man who should bring in his fair share of team points. Also Anthony Hugoboom is going to 189 by what I hear and I think he will make a definite impact there. That is a quick wrap of the returners but from what I hear the real story is in the freshmen. It is my understanding that they have freshmen like Johnny Holliday coming in and beating juniors and seniors. With the middle school program they have building this is of course no surprise and it should enable CBHS to keep reloading year after year.

On another note I too think Notre Dame will be a very strong team this year.