Let's Play Baseball

disgustedfan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to miss you guys this year.  My son is off playing college ball, but I will try to stay in the loop.  I think the baseball boards are the best...more informative, less stupid stuff.  Might be because there is less media coverage of baseball, so everyone really respects the information capabilities this gives everyone.

825464707[/snapback]

I'll also be devoting my attention to college but will likely check in.

When my son was in HS I worked around the schedule, but will not be doing that anymore.

I have fond memories of the anticipation each new season brought. I'll miss that.

Don't let bizazz kid you....we will see him mid-week hanging around the closest ballgame. I have to travel 7hrs to see my son play.......so I am very fortunate that there is still a very good team that plays real close to my home.

825466962[/snapback]

Soup, the way Tennessee's basketball season is going, baseball can't get here soon enough.

OK Dheat.

Let's talk 4AAA.

Will Maryville be able to replace Parker, Bott, etc. in the pitching rotation? Who catches now that Watson is gone? Hodges will be missed.

Can South Doyle replace a fine senior class and fill in around possibly the best sophomore class in the area? Kirkland, Ross, Zurcher, Geren, Vannoy, were a fine senior class.

William Blount lost Wojo and Tucker. They also lost a fine ss in Young. Will their pitching be as strong?

Does Farragut just reload? Can Catapano carry the team? Does Tony D. take on an integral role from the mound this year? Waldrop, Sherrard, Dean, Reagan, Eldredge, and others helped the Ads to 2 consecutive state titles.

Does Bearden challenge for one of the top spots this year. Can their pitching take them there?

Heritage surprised everyone last year. Will they build on last year's success. Will teams overlook them this year?

Will this be the year Sevier County shows improvement in the district?

Can West find enough pitching to keep them in games after losing their entire starting lineup?

4AAA in no certin order

I think Farragut does reload. The youg guys will step up. Saw a lot of them last summer and they look good. Not sure what kind of depth behind Catapano. Tony will get to pitch in big contests this year.

South Doyle will be really good with Mcclain and company. Zurcher can hit saw that this fall.

Bearden would be my favorite right now. No week spots and I think they hit deeper into the line up than anyone.

Heritage will be better. Coach Bennett is a great young coach. Not sure how long he stays there.

Sevier County will be better and should win some district games playing all those soph last year and wll sneek up on somebody.

West I'm not sure they know what they will have. Pitching, Pitching, Pitching is there question.

Maryville question is lack of depth at pitcher. Clement, King, and Blair will be there starters and get the most work. Problem is there also everyday players in other positions. King will step in for Hodges.

W/B wow they are in grest shape and need to learn to win the big game. They have good pitching. Remember the name Jake Snyder. Best, Mcgill, Holden all quality pitching and solid defense should make them a solid #2 pick.

1st Farragut

2nd Bearden

3rd William Blount/South Doyle/Maryville

4th Heritage/ west

5th Sevier County.

Edited by dheat

I'm sitting in my office working on reservations for our spring break trip to Destin for a week of baseball. One thing led to another, and here's a baseball tread! Yeehaw!

This will be my final high school season, as my son graduates this year. Will also have to train my replacement behind the microphone in the skybox!

So how does District 4AAA play out? Until somebody torpedos the Admirals, I would still expect them to be on top. Catapano is very effective, and they have several others who can throw it where Coach Pharr tells them. A good friend of mine close to the program says they will be fine, but they don't have the depth they had last year.

This could be Bearden's year to make a run at Farragut. I will play my cards close the the vest, but if baseball is about scoring more runs than the opposition, the Bulldogs should be in good shape for 2005. Unlike last year, the lineup projects to be primarily upper-classmen.

Maryville, South-Doyle, and William Blount are always competitive. West lost a lot of leadership last year. Can they reload? Sevier County is capable of winning some games in 4aaa, especially if a team does not take them seriously.

It will be interesting. Of course next year, we loose West and welcome Lenoir City into 4aaa. L.C will have a long way to go to compete in this district.