Giambi Admits Steroid Use

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does when there kids start taking these roids because their favorite athlete is taking them, then their kids ends up dead!

But according to what you are saying, it is non of MLB business if these players are using roids, because that is their private life!

825504147[/snapback]

No, it is MLB's business as the players' employers. Just like it is, say, Lawrence County HS's business if coacht is taking drugs, for example.

It just isn't *OUR* business.

No, it is MLB's business as the players' employers.  Just like it is, say, Lawrence County HS's business if coacht is taking drugs, for example. 

It just isn't *OUR* business.

825504169[/snapback]

So you are saying that it is non of your business if the person that is coaching your child is a drug dealer? So it is non of you business if your babysitter has been convicted of child molestation? It is non of your business if I decide I want to get drunk and meet you on the road at 100mph? it is non of your business if your child's best friend is being abused?

Look they are all illegal, and the right thing needs to be done, so to say that it is non of the publics business that pay the salaries of theses players is absurd! Look, these guys are high profile athletes and they knew when they decided to become athletes that they were going to be under a microscope! I totally agree, that most things that happen in their private life is non of our business, but when it is something that could directly affect us, YES i think it is our business!

So you are saying that it is non of your business if the person that is coaching your child is a drug dealer? So it is non of you business if your babysitter has been convicted of child molestation? It is non of your business if I decide I want to get drunk and meet you on the road at 100mph? it is non of your business if your child's best friend is being abused?

Look they are all illegal, and the right thing needs to be done, so to say that it is non of the publics business that pay the salaries of theses players is absurd! Look, these guys are high profile athletes and they knew when they decided to become athletes that they were going to be under a microscope! I totally agree, that most things that happen in their private life is non of our business, but when it is something that could directly affect us, YES i think it is our business!

825504896[/snapback]

Oops, my analogy was only about half right, haha...yes, it's the kids' families' business if the coach is on drugs. But MLB players aren't coaching your family members. It's not our business.

The public doesn't pay their salaries anymore than the public pays your salary (or mine, if and when somebody finally figures out that I'll be a good employee for them). The teams pay the salaries. Some of us provide some of the income, sure, but it's the same way as it is for Wal-Mart or Best Buy. The private life of the person who asked me if I need any help at Best Buy isn't any of my business, even though I've spent several hundred dollars in that store. That's no different than MLB players, except how prominent the people involved are.

Oops, my analogy was only about half right, haha...yes, it's the kids' families' business if the coach is on drugs.  But MLB players aren't coaching your family members.  It's not our business.

The public doesn't pay their salaries anymore than the public pays your salary (or mine, if and when somebody finally figures out that I'll be a good employee for them).  The teams pay the salaries.  Some of us provide some of the income, sure, but it's the same way as it is for Wal-Mart or Best Buy.  The private life of the person who asked me if I need any help at Best Buy isn't any of my business, even though I've spent several hundred dollars in that store.  That's no different than MLB players, except how prominent the people involved are.

825509332[/snapback]

Any pro athlete that tests positive for any kind of illegal drugs ,should be shot on the spot and then kicked out of sports. ;)

Oops, my analogy was only about half right, haha...yes, it's the kids' families' business if the coach is on drugs.  But MLB players aren't coaching your family members.  It's not our business.

The public doesn't pay their salaries anymore than the public pays your salary (or mine, if and when somebody finally figures out that I'll be a good employee for them).  The teams pay the salaries.  Some of us provide some of the income, sure, but it's the same way as it is for Wal-Mart or Best Buy.  The private life of the person who asked me if I need any help at Best Buy isn't any of my business, even though I've spent several hundred dollars in that store.  That's no different than MLB players, except how prominent the people involved are.

825509332[/snapback]

OK, check this out, we all work for each other in some shape form or fashion, if you didnt go to games and by shirts, caps, etc then there would be no money for the owners to pay the players, if there were no fans, not even one do you think MLB would survive, NO there would be no point in it, if it wasnt for the fans! So look at it this way, you are paying for that product on the field and if that product on the field is tanted, then you want to know about, just like if you payed for a product at the store, and it was ruined, you want to know that right? same difference! And you say it cant directly effect your family, oh yes it can if you seen the way some of theses high school athletes look up to their sports figure and assume that if it ok for Barry to do it, then its not gonna hurt me!

Read this and tell me if you still think it is non of the publics business, this man tried to get the word out before he passed and the word needs to get out and theses leagues need to be taking action!

http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/alzado.html