Giambi Admits Steroid Use

When you can go to jail for taking Vigra then we can talk.

Roids=cheating=llegal

825475667[/snapback]

Then should tax evasion be enough to kick somebody out of baseball? MLB and the justice system are separate entities. Whether something is illegal by state or federal law doesn't mean it is or isn't in baseball.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be banned for taking steroids because they are PERFORMANCE INHANCING drugs.  Cocaine and weed do not help you cheat at your profession.

I hear that over 70% of the league are on them.  Anyone else hear that? And if youre woundering not all roids make you huge.

825473545[/snapback]

I agree totally, but it is like Peter Gammons said the other day, it will take a player dying to get the point across! And what would even be sadder is the fact that kids look up too theses players as role models and think well if Barry can do it, then it is ok for me to do! And if you have kids, think about that, it could be your child that takes theses drugs and pays the ultimate price for it?

I have heard a couple of different times that 70% of the players in MLB use them!

I dont get your arguement Opperman.  Do you support the use of an illegal drug that is very harmfull to the body?  Do you support cheating?  You are the only person on here that seems like steroids are not a big deal.

825477280[/snapback]

I think everybody's overreacting. The last CBA spells out the punishments for violating the drug policy, and that is how (and should be how) any caught users are punished.

And I am more than just a little bit bothered by the fact that this has come out because secret grand jury testimony was leaked. That's a felony.

And I love how everybody seems to think that there's no steroid use in the NFL. HA!

I think everybody's overreacting.  The last CBA spells out the punishments for violating the drug policy, and that is how (and should be how) any caught users are punished.

And I am more than just a little bit bothered by the fact that this has come out because secret grand jury testimony was leaked.  That's a felony.

And I love how everybody seems to think that there's no steroid use in the NFL.  HA!

825477599[/snapback]

i dont care who all does it, should it be NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, or kids at your local soccer league, ITS GOTTA STOP BEFORE SOMEONE DIES! Can you not see that steroids can kill you? I mean I dont understand how you can act like it is no big deal, when someone is eventually lose their life over this! I just hope everyone implements very tough testing policies before someone has to explain to their young kid why their sports hero died! Or even worse before some kid dies doing steroids! Hope you can see what me and Deepball are saying!

i dont care who all does it, should it be NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, or kids at your local soccer league, ITS GOTTA STOP BEFORE SOMEONE DIES! Can you not see that steroids can kill you? I mean I dont understand how you can act like it is no big deal, when someone is eventually lose their life over this! I just hope everyone implements very tough testing policies before someone has to explain to their young kid why their sports hero died! Or even worse before some kid dies doing steroids! Hope you can see what me and Deepball are saying!

825477807[/snapback]

Look at what they did to Lyle Alzado!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, you know what' not being talked about much in reference to Giambi's grand jury testimony becoming public. ... It's illegal to leak that kind of stuff. ..... The person who leaked the testimony is almost as big a scum as Giambi is for taking the drugs in the first place. And the reporter who reported it? Well, that's just their nature.

Hey, you know what' not being talked about much in reference to Giambi's grand jury testimony becoming public. ... It's illegal to leak that kind of stuff.  ..... The person who leaked the testimony is almost as big a scum as Giambi is for taking the drugs in the first place. And the reporter who reported it? Well, that's just their nature.

825503668[/snapback]

I disagree, the public is what pays theses guys salaries and they have a right to know what is going on just as much as anyone!

I disagree, the public is what pays theses guys salaries and they have a right to know what is going on just as much as anyone!

825503693[/snapback]

Except that this is something nobody outside the grand jury is supposed to know.

The amount of money they make doesn't give us the public any right to know anything about their private lives.