Maryvilles next QB

Rebelman70

I know its early and it will probaly not be decided till right before the season starts next year but who will be Maryvilles next QB

The QB's returning next year will be Hunt and Akins who will be Juniors and Burnett who will be a sophmore.

Who ever it is it will be hard to ever top Cades Thompson's numbers as a starter 43-1 witih 2 state championships and a nice little award called Mr Football

Whoever it is will have a ton of pressure on them. Everyone will want to compare him to Cade. Cade was awesome. Derek Hunt knows the offense real well. Derek will get bigger and stronger. Derek runs the ball well. Brent Burnett is well blessed with a strong arm. His arm is as strong as Cades right now. I guarantee you George Quarles will have these young quarterbacks ready.

Who knows who will be the next QB . . . . but they are going to be very fortunate to have plenty of weapons back next year at Maryville. Yes, Maryville does lose it's entire offensive line, but that happens all the time at Maryville and we are blessed to have coach Ellis to reload a group of young men that will be plenty capable. Then you have two great soph. RB's (I believe that Tank Baker will play ball in college one day, I expect the jump from Soph. to Junior year to be like that of Carl Stewart) and they have talented young receivers including Tyler Maples who I believe will have a break-out year next year. Let's savor this title for a few moments . . . . now it is time to get back to work. We have to catch Brentwood for most state titles . . . .