Powell 64 Karns 48

mocs30

I didn't see the game either just saw the box score. I was in Murfessbora at the football games this past weekend.

But I will speculate on what happened. Karns couldn't defend Lee Smith which was obvious becasue he had 25. Hargis chipped in double figure scoreing as well. Powell shut down Fesner and the Karns offense. Which was also based on the box score. What is not obvious is that when Karns doesn't score 70 + they don't win. A little research will get you that info. When they are stopped offensely they can't or want play enough defense to stay in the game. As I have said before the team that commits to playing defense will win the District. So I wasn't there but maybe this will get a little discussion going.

Moc didn't you attend/play at UTC. Congrats to the Mocs on their big win. Buz is in big trouble. Maybe the powers that be will figure out that playing at UNC and being M J's roommate doesn't make you a basketball coach.

Who plays where tihis week in the region?

I was at the game and Karns was dominated from the tip-off til the last second ticked off the clock. Karns never had a chance because Jody Fersner was shut-down. I said it at the beginning of the year and i will say it again that Fersner is the only chance that Karns has of winning any ball games. You shut him down and you shut the team down. They don't play defense and without Fersner scoring 30 points there is no way they win ball games. Hargis had a great games as well as Lee Smith who i think had 29 points in the blow out over Karns. We will see tonight how powell will match up with the rest of the district when they go to Oak Ridge and play. Good luck Panthers!

I was at the game and Karns was dominated from the tip-off til the last second ticked off the clock.  Karns never had a chance because Jody Fersner was shut-down.  I said it at the beginning of the year and i will say it again that Fersner is the only chance that Karns has of winning any ball games.  You shut him down and you shut the team down.  They don't play defense and without Fersner scoring 30 points there is no way they win ball games.  Hargis had a great games as well as Lee Smith who i think had 29 points in the blow out over Karns. We will see tonight how powell will match up with the rest of the district when they go to Oak Ridge and play. Good luck Panthers!

825470117[/snapback]

Yeah, I played at UTC from 95-99. I can tell you that that was a huge win for the program. I'm proud to be a Moc today.

little info on the game for you mocs. Karns has NO posts. That is simply how it went for them. Ben and Lee dominated down low, Karns could simply not stop them. I can not understand why in the world Karns did not try a zone atleast once during the game. There was no way they had a chance going man on man with lee and ward.

As for fersner, Powell played man the entire game. Ward started out on Fersner , which I personally thought would be a disaster, and shut him down. Fersner looked like a completely different player from last year in this game. He looked hesitant to pull the trigger, as of last year he would have pulled it from 5 feet behind the arc. Truth is Powell did a great job with help side D and ward kept his feet moving. I was pretty impressed with this being my first game, but i must confess, Powell MUST start getting some gaurd play.

I didn't know that hargis got in double figures, that mus have all happened in the last 2 minutes. I think there was only one field goal by a guard in the first half. Powell will be in trouble if they cannot get some help from the guards.

facedown-

Smith started off on Fersner. They did this becasue he shut him down last year at Powell. He knows how Fersner likes to play.

Mocs-

As for the game. Powell did dominate in the post becasue of Karns not having any and becasue of the good execution. I love the Hargis kid. He is up for any challenge. Karns fans dogged him from the git go and he stuck it up there you know what.

As for karns, the only highlight i saw from them was that dunk. Are you serious, that was the best high school dunk i have seen. He drop-stepped and cramed it on ward and smith. Now that is elevation.