Cheatham Co. and Harpeth

afan1222

I'll holla atcha Forrest. I think this is going to be the toughest test this season for the Lady Cubs. Going into Harpeth and beating on their own floor is going to be tough. The Lady Cubs are a very much improved team and Moorehead helps them tremendously, and if you think otherwise you are ignorant. Good luck to the Lady Cubs tomorrow night. You better be ready to play.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way Morehead is missed is in the area of depth, you'll see what I mean tonight. She would have just had a couple of sophomores playing behind her that were probably as good or better. With her transferring they have had the opportunity to step in and get some experience early in the year. For those of you who haven't seen the younger girls from Harpeth play yet, I'm telling you they are a big suprise. I am by no means saying that they match up evenly with the guards from Cheatham County, but they are and will continue to become very good basketball players. I still predict Cheatham County in a close one!

:rolleyes: I think the key may be Finch vs Banes in the middle. They're both 6 footers and not many ladies teams have that. While Atterbery may have Mendenhall in experience, remember Mandy Mendenhall's name. She's a player that can take over a game. Plus Nicki Ellis from outside. Harpeth is stout. True, I haven't seen the Lady Cubs play, but I can't imagine a 20 pt loss at home. My guess it's a pick 'em. The boys game should be a good one too!

And if nobody else will say it, I will. "We miss you Katie!"..... thumb

Well, I did predict Cheatham in a close one and I was wrong, but I would have to say I do not appear to be as ignorant as scanooniwhatever said that I was. I can't imagine how Harpeth could have missed Morehead but still won by 18, and if they did miss her think of how bad it might have been. Again, I'm not claiming to have predicted this but I did say that Cheatham would have a tough fight against a young and talented Harpeth team.

The scoreboard says 61-43 Harpeth.  Was anybody there?  Nobody was predicting Harpeth by 10 much less 18.

825473012[/snapback]

The final score to tonight's game: Harpeth 61, Cheatham 46.

Banes and Lawson both fouled out for Cheatham Co. Harpeth's defense really stepped up and shook Cheatham Co. It was a great game on both sides. I don't know all the scorers for the game but here are a few from Harpeth:

Mendenhall- 15 pts.

Finch- 10 pts., 14 rebounds

Ellis- 7, 9 assists, 3 steals

Sorry I don't know all the stats but that's as good as I can do right now. Luckily, Harpeth, now 8-0, held their composure and just took over the game at crucial points. Great game ladies!!! Thanks to the fans who came out (you really made a difference) and for everyone's "support."Also, congrats to the Harpeth guys' team who also buckled down and came out w/ a win. Clean sweep! Good luck Fri. vs. Sycamore!!! PeAcE...

Edited by AllStar23