MTSU Open Tournament

Hamm

hamm, sorry i wasnt there at the tournament. i decided to retire from the sport. it is definitely nothing like high school. i hated it. the only thing fun was the matches. i wrestled the 125 from bethel college in south bend, indiana. the team got third last year in ncwa, and i can see why. The 125 was a team captain, and he killed me. he teched me 20 to 5 with about 20 seconds left in the third. ive only been teched once in my life, and that was ole warfield. he wasnt as good as warfield, but he was decent. i was tired so he kept letting me up and taking me down to tech me on purpose. warfield didnt try to tech me on purpose, he did it by accident. Thats not the reason i quit though, if anything the match made me want to stay. It took me back to the ole days in high school. but unfortunately i decided to quit because it wasnt fun anymore. but oh well. n e wayz hamm congrats on winning the tournament. i know thats awesome that you finally won it. and you beat a really good wrestler to. the guy you beat from maryville got third in 4a in georgia. so it seems your gonna have a good season this year. good luck to you and keep up with the posts, i enjoy hearing the info.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Latino!!! I was looking for ya this weekend, and I hate that you decided to hang up your singlet!! There is a huge change from high school to college, and sooner or later you will have to come to the point where you have to step back and evaluate, but you have to remember what made wrestling fun in the first place. Of course it isn't the practices or going out and getting teched!! (LOL) It is different for everyone, and you have to find it in yourself. If it truly has changed and it isn't fun anymore, then you definitely shouldn't do it. But I do remember the competitor that you were, and I believe that you have a lot to offer. In the very least, you should consider going to Maryville High and helping out those guys. I'm sure they would be happy to have you there working with the lighter weights there. You should check into it.

On the other hand, if you ever consider transferring, we could always use you as well. Even if you don't want to compete, Our 25 pounders could use another guy to come in and get bloody with them!

Take care bud!!! thumb and shoot me an email sometime at: yaboyhamm@yahoo.com

Edited by Hamm

Thanks Trophy!! Always good to see ya! Angelo has been back since around April, and let me tell ya its great to have him back. The score of the Dunn/Angelo match deosn't really do the match justice. Angelo kinda ran away with it. Matt got the first takedown and was reversed and from there Angelo started to pull away. It could've been a much much better match, but I believe Matt didn't have very much confidence going in. Early in the third, Angelo shot a single to a takedown and Matt hurt his knee and that hurt him also. He was hurting pretty bad and Angelo played the takedown game. It'll probably be more of a nail biter the next time they wrestle. Matt just has to believe that he can win and wrestle much harder.

Take care Trophy!!

Man!!!  What a 3 team race!!!

Maryville College won the team Trophy.

Final results

125- Johnson (Pensacola) and Meeker (Pensacola) Co-Champions!

133- Hall (Pensacola) dec Divers (Unattached)

141- Jones (Pensacola) dec Anderson (Maryville)

149- Bobby Hale (MTSU) major dec. Patrick Lamb (Maryville)13-4

157- Angelo Giansante (MTSU) dec Matt Dunn (Maryville) 15-8

165- Donnie Floyd (Maryville) dec Collella (Pensacola)

174- Collella (Pensacola) dec Joseph Oliverius (MTSU) 6-4

184- Joe Driggers (Maryville) pinned Chambers (Pensacola)

197- Shannon (Maryville) dec Hidelman (Pensacola)

235- Ken Hammonds (MTSU) pinned Kyle Lofty (Maryville) 2:28

Hwt- Andrew Crawford (Maryville) dec Michael Stewart (MTSU) 9-6

3rd place for MTSU were:

Justin Lamberth @125

Aaron Brewster @141

Zach Ingle @149

Brandon Hodge @157

Clint Toler @165

Sky Medley @197

David Cooper @ Hwt

***bye the way, this is a very special tournament win for me.  It feels good to finally win this thing (my senior year) after placing 2nd 3 years in a row!!!

825469582[/snapback]

Is Bobby Hale the same Bobby Hale that wrestled for Smyrna? And what about Angelo Giansante, is he the guy that used to wrestle for La Vergne that won state?