Blount County

mrebel171113

I think we can all conclude that Blount County is the strongest county for Football. With Alcoa and Marvyille fully representing. 2 teams from 1 county. I love it. Unless God decides he doesn't like Alcoa, then Alcoa will bring back the Gold next year. Congrats to my Maryville Red Rebels and the Alcoa Tornadoes! Hope West Tennessee Enjoys this:

Football Tickets: 10$

Hotel Room: 85$

Gas/Food: 65$

Seeing the East totally dominate the West:

P R I C E L E S S

*West constantly talked trash about how West was SO much better than the East. So here is my trash talking. East- Boyd B., Alcoa, Fulton, and Maryville. West- Riverdale. So the score is 4-1. I am also fully confident that Alcoa and Fulton will win State next year as well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can all conclude that Blount County is the strongest county for Football.  With Alcoa and Marvyille fully representing.  2 teams from 1 county.  I love it.  Unless God decides he doesn't like Alcoa,  then Alcoa will bring back the Gold next year.  Congrats to my Maryville Red Rebels and the Alcoa Tornadoes! Hope West Tennessee Enjoys this:

Football Tickets: 10$

Hotel Room: 85$

Gas/Food: 65$

Seeing the East totally dominate the West:

P R I C E L E S S

*West constantly talked trash about how West was SO much better than the East. So here is my trash talking.  East- Boyd B., Alcoa, Fulton, and MaryvilleWest- Riverdale.  So the score is 4-1.  I am also fully confident that Alcoa and Fulton will win State next year as well. 

825469612[/snapback]

Actually, your point goes even further. Riverdale was also on the east side of the bracket.

The D1 championship breakdown:

EAST: 3

MIDDLE: 2

WEST: 0

That was a good post Tornado74. Maryville and Alcoa both have great traditions. Those 2 teams may want to beat each others brains out the last friday in August but they support each other the rest of the year. On friday night there were a bunch of Maryville fans supporting Alcoa. On saturday their were a bunch of Alcoa fans supporting Maryville. I noticed some William Blount and Heritage players were their for both games to support their county cousins.

I'll tell you being an Alcoa grad and a former player (2000 Champs) its hard sometimes to root for a rival. I dont think it would hurt me to see Maryville go 0-10 but still bring home a gold ball but i guess thats just not gonna happen but if Alcoa Maryville William Blount or even Heritage make it I'll be there cheering for them and with the 5th high school being built in Blount County wouldnt it be something if one year we could have a school for each classification playing for a state title in Blount County? but thats probably wishful thinking too LOL

Nothing better then Blount County football! 16 State titles (6)Alcoa, (1)Walland/Heritage and the 9 From Maryville counting the one before TSSAA playoffs

825473989[/snapback]

Williamson Co. football has just as rich of history.

Brentwood Academy-9 titles

BGA- 6 titles

Brentwood- 1 titles

CPA- 2 titles

Also numerous runner-up from the schools.