Alcoa vs Maryville

Tornado74

Every great rivalry in sports has a name. From the battle of tobacco road to the worlds largest cocktail party to the 3rd saturday in October.....But after 70+ years of Alcoa vs Maryville this rivalry has no name and with the loss of the Blount County championship (due to the county schools) why not name this rivalry have a trophy for these 2 teams to play for every year? I'm sure boosters fans schools and the community would chip in for one. This is the biggest game of the year in Blount County. Whats your alls opinions on this? any rivalry names? id love to see Alcoa vs Maryville be known as the Civil War but thats just my vote what you all think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure civil war would work 2 well. I mean, we know somethin about history, having the rebels being one of the teams, and there are always a bunch of confederate flags. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, not matter what the students, faculity, and alumni want. I dont think that name will work because of political correctness. Maybe somethin like Brawl for it All or somethin. Thats kinda a lame name, its all I could think of as of right now. My uncles have told me how back in the old days maryville and alcoa guys would actually have big fights every year for a while. now its just a big prank war.

Edited by theinfamous04

Not sure civil war would work 2 well. I mean, we know somethin about history, having the rebels being one of the teams, and there are always a bunch of confederate flags. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, not matter what the students, faculity, and alumni want. I dont think that name will work because of political correctness. Maybe somethin like Brawl for it All or somethin. Thats kinda a lame name, its all I could think of as of right now. My uncles have told me how back in the old days maryville and alcoa guys would actually have big fights every year for a while. now its just a big prank war.

825469983[/snapback]

yeah ROFL at civil war with maryville waving rebel flags and alcoa's team 75% black. That would last about 90 seconds of one season.

You are suppose to say........." I resemble that remark...

How many did AT get this weekend?

825470724[/snapback]

C-N vs Kennesaw State

I do resemble that remark!

He scored 18. Only 3 rebounds. He is struggling with having to guard guards on defense. He is starting at the 3-guard.

Edited by Rebelsman

C-N vs Kennesaw State

I do resemble that remark!

He scored 18. Only 3 rebounds. He is struggling with having to guard guards on defense. He is starting at the 3-guard.

825470781[/snapback]

Just checked the stats.....Looks like he just beginning to heat up. He is getting alot of minutes for a freshman plus he is starting......not bad.

so back to the thread. IMO Alcoa and Maryville will be a battle. Alcoa folks need to remember that Maryville has a knack of stoping great backs........and Lindsay is. If Feigler has a great day then Alcoa may get one here. Maryville's defense will be better than this years and after watching Alcoa in the state game....their line is not as good, or as improved as suggested.

One thing for sure.........Alcoa better get them next year because it will be a while before they get this good of an opportunity.

Kudos to my pal John Reed and staff. I told John his way of coaching......discipline and many hours in the weight room, would accumalate many gold balls at Alcoa. He obtained the first of many to come last weekend.