Who is the best coach in District 9AAA?

youvegotafriend5

the only reason bud brandon MIGHT be a good coach is because daddy is sittin on the bench yelling instructions to him, making him think hes doin something.  Bud WAS a great coach--central was blessed with old mj talent so he got lucky

825473033[/snapback]

OK Mailman here's the QUOTE from the post of mjbear12. NOTICE its his REMARK about old mj talent. NOT MINE.

JUST to set the record straight. I think if you take 25 points away from anybody's team output its GOT to KILL 'EM. When we lost Clark last year it was desviating. AND if I remember correctly MtJ did beat Wilson Central without Clark in that FOUR OVERTIME thriller. Like I said take Gassie away from Central and let's see how good they are.

I never said this Mt. Juliet team is the dream team of '92. BUT they are pretty darn good. With a 5-0 record and closiest game 19 point victory over a Smyrna team that was according to coacht's ratings the #1 team ( ha ha ha ).

But don't forget I'm FOR BOTH TEAMS. But my heart is with the Lady Bears. Been following them for 30 years and as far as I'm concerned this is the BEST team Mt. Juliet has ever put on the floor.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terribly sorry abouting mistaking you for someone else.....but i never said you said they were the 92 team its just they entire MJ fan base is just so almost cocky about thier team but hey one more thing they overtime thriller which was an awesome game came down to the refs....if you remember last play Gassie gets fouls as she throws up a despartation three pointer but the refs decide its on the floor for some reason which i still cant figure out....i guess just so they could get out of there early but there is a possiblity that MJ and WC could meet in the State finals i would love to see that and i can tell you MTSU would be sold out for the first time in a very very long time :)

Terribly sorry abouting mistaking you for someone else.....but i never said you said they were the 92 team its just they entire MJ fan base is just so almost cocky about thier team but hey one more thing they overtime thriller which was an awesome game came down to the refs....if you remember last play Gassie gets fouls as she throws up a despartation three pointer but the refs decide its on the floor for some reason which i still cant figure out....i guess just so they could get out of there early but there is a possiblity that MJ and WC could meet in the State finals i would love to see that and i can tell you MTSU would be sold out for the first time in a very very long time  :)

825473238[/snapback]

I agree with you there Mailman05 and I'm predicting a Mt. Juliet vs. Wilson Central in the CLASS AAA Finals in Murfreesboro. And it would be a awesome site indeed.

Lets not rehash the end of the 4 OT game last year and how the refs cost WC the game. I was there and the play your talking about there is no way Gassie could have been trying to take a shot on that foul. She was not even in a shooting motion. It was a great game between two outstanding teams. And I'm looking forward to SIX meetings between the 2 of them this season

Go Bears Go Lady Wildcats

Best coaching staff has to be Wilson Central i mean seriously....Coach Bud Brandon won at Mj when he was there for a few years....and Coach Campbell has won countless games...while Mjs coach has had great teams meany times under his watch but what has he done with them? Choke city, nothing has been done the worst moment coming when MJ had Shelbyville down 20 in the second half and to have three of thier 5 starters with four fouls how can you not get the job done?

You lost me there mailman. WHEN did Mt. Juliet have Shelbyville down by 20 points only to lose? And what do u mean by choke city for the MtJ coach? Fryer has only been at Mt. Juliet 5 years since Tommy Martin stepped down. And I believe he's been in the State Tournament 3 of those 5 years. And now he's got the program at the top. Oh, by the way the freshman team is (5-0) with average margin of victory 40+ points. I'd say things are looking pretty good for Mt. Juliet in the present and in the future.

As I have told you Mt. Juliet has always been my team. AND Wilson Central is a strong #2. But you are increasantly trying to put MtJ down all the time. I can see why Mt Juliet fans are excited about this team. WHY shouldn't they be. For years and years this community has totally supported this program and now they are getting the fruits of their loyality. Wilson Central can not compete with the tradition and history of the Mt. Juliet program. We know why because WC has only been open for 3 years. AND what they have accomplished is incredible. But lets not forget these players came up though the MtJ system.

I want Mt. Juliet to play Wilson Central in the State Championship game. How much clearer do I have to be?

I know Bud and Campbell Brandon personally. And they both know of my devotion to MtJ and they know I'm pulling for WC all the way except when they play MtJ.

Best coaching staff has to be Wilson Central i mean seriously....Coach Bud Brandon won at Mj when he was there for a few years....and Coach Campbell has won countless games...while Mjs coach has had great teams meany times under his watch but what has he done with them?  Choke city, nothing has been done the worst moment coming when MJ had Shelbyville down 20 in the second half and to have three of thier 5 starters with four fouls how can you not get the job done?

825475092[/snapback]

Mailman, Bud was never a head coach at MJ. He was a BOY"S ASSISTANT with Tim Bell. He also coached middle school in Lebanon very successfully. I know all of the previously mentioned coaches. Campbell and Tommy Martin both won the state ONE time each. Both were in the top four several times. They will tell you themselves they had some great battles and then went out after the game and "rehashed" them. However Bud and Chris are the head coaches now. Both do a great job. Both have excellent assistants to help them. thumb That first year at Wilson Central Bud had his dad AND Bennie Jennings on the bench with him. That's about 70 years of coahing experience on the bench with him. Chris has my favorite politician and Psychology teacher John Simms with 20+ years himself and a keen eye for the court. That makes a huge difference. Bud, I love ya', but if we are talking about the head coaches ONLY, NOBODY works as hard to win as Chris Fryer. :)

Coach Bud Brandon has had a lot less to work with than Coach Fryer....Fryer has had a countless amount of talent come through there the past few years and has done nothing with it, to where Bud at central has had a lot less talent and gotten a lot more out of it....I beg to differ if you think Fryer works harder to win than Bud that just isnt true

If going to the state 3 of 5 years is nothing, then there are only about two coaches in Tennessee who qualify under your restrictions as doing anything. Lamar at Clarkrange and the Godfather at Shelbyville. And neither is at Wilson Central. There have been many great coaches who have never won a state championship. And there have been not so good coaches that have. Whatever your problem is with Fryer I really don't care,( although it is obvious you have some kind of prior beef with him) but to say he hasn't done anything shows incredible stupidity on your part. We should all be lucky enough to not "do anything" like Chris. And what I said about Fryer's work ethic is true. If you don't agree so be it. Doesn't change anything. What is the overall record against each other so far?

i think fryar is the best coach in 9-AAA. he took 3 teams to the state tourney. one of those teams was comprised of freshmen and sophmores and one senior. now it my book that team more then likely shouldnt have been there. i dont think wilson central accomplished this feat in their 3+ years. i give central credit they did make it to state last year, but thats pretty much all i give them. oh to help u out mailman05 the overall record between the lady bears and ur wildcats is bears 6 wildcats 1.