Dotson= Huge night

OT2

I have been reading this discussion on Dotson for a couple of days now and decided to throw in my two cents. I think we all agree that he is a heckuva player, I know when I've seen him play he's put on quite a show. I can remember way back when HC was horrible... that program has been transformed completely, and a large part of the credit goes to Dotson. I haven't seen him play this year so I don't know what improvements he has made to his game. He defintely could shoot and move for his size, I don't remember him really being able to bring the ball up the court. I sincerly hope he becomes a star at UT, we can use all the help! The only questions I have about his game are his strength and his lateral quickness to guard other forwards. I know that getting into a SEC weight program should help him tremendously so I don't really think that is a huge factor. I seriously have questions about his lateral quickness to guard people... I don't know how Buzz plans on using him. But I am pretty sure that Tyler Smith has the 4 locked up. I would see Matt getting most his time at the 3, and I really just don't know if he has the feet to guard sf's. I really hope that he can prove me wrong. There have been players who don't have great god given athletic ability but still become great ball players... and I hope that Dptson becomes one of those guys. Good luck to a great ball player and take it easy on my Cougars haha.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously have questions about his lateral quickness to guard people... I don't know how Buzz plans on using him.

825479178[/snapback]

That is the intent of Tennessee to beef him up as they do everyone who steps onto their campus for sports. Tennessee has a phenominal facility and conditioning program (You can tell that in all their programs) After June, I look for Dotson to come home in a year for a visit about 230-40 pounds of pure muscle and a whole lot more speed. Again, he has the work ethic to succeed and do what is necessary to achieve and Tennessee has the means to give him that....Just hope he stays away from balco and Barry bonds manager :rolleyes:...(that's a joke) Great Post!

Edited by Voldawg