Why is football

CoachTVA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soccer thats communist! what a joke lets run around a field in skin tight shorts and kick a ball around. a sports in which you can't use your hands that can't even be considered a sport, soccer is less of a sport than cheerleading, so how can you say it is taking popularity away from football give me a break! :lol:  :P

825477277[/snapback]

You're right, cheerleading is more of a sport than soccer! No offense to the soccer fans, but you've got to go out there and take somebody's head off! :P

stlrcoach,

Think I got your name right?--- Guess we're at least old enough to have a grip on why rural football areas tend to support the HS football scene. Heck, Cookville (it's a CITY I happen to like very much) is huge compared to a lot of the towns I'm talkin' about so things must be REALLY bad there in VA.

We did barely have a facemask when I played. It was kind of a double bar but, it wouldn't stop you from gettin' a broken nose at all. Those were the fase masks that protected the area between your nose and your upper lip!!! Real glad they improved on those before my son played!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't improve his looks any but I have found out it's easier to live with a broken nose or a busted lip than to PAY for one!!!!!!!!

High School Football. You love it, you hate it or you're neutral but, no matter how you feel about it, it is THE NO. 1 teacher I've ever known for how to deal with life's hurdles!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT, YOU WILL TAKE THE NEXT STEP!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

soccer thats communist! what a joke lets run around a field in skin tight shorts and kick a ball around. a sports in which you can't use your hands that can't even be considered a sport, soccer is less of a sport than cheerleading, so how can you say it is taking popularity away from football give me a break! :P  :lol:

825477277[/snapback]

:P:unsure::P

stlrcoach,

Think I got your name right?---  Guess we're at least old enough to have a grip on why rural football areas tend to support the HS football scene. Heck, Cookville (it's a CITY I happen to like very much) is huge compared to a lot of the towns I'm talkin' about so things must be REALLY bad there in VA.

We did barely have a facemask when I played. It was kind of a double bar but, it wouldn't stop you from gettin' a broken nose at all. Those were the fase masks that protected the area between your nose and your upper lip!!! Real glad they improved on those before my son played!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't improve his looks any but I have found out it's easier to live with a broken nose or a busted lip than to PAY for one!!!!!!!!

High School Football. You love it, you hate it or you're neutral but, no matter how you feel about it, it is THE NO. 1 teacher I've ever known for how to deal with life's hurdles!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT, YOU WILL TAKE THE NEXT STEP!!!!!!!!

825477425[/snapback]

Thanks for the nod! Hey, I got a broken nose in a game in high school too! Even though the face masks were better. I make my youngest boy, who I coach, wear a Peyton Manning/Lineman's face mask with bars to the ground!!

Guest region4fan
Thanks for the nod!  Hey, I got a broken nose in a game in high school too!  Even though the face masks were better.  I make my youngest boy, who I coach, wear a Peyton Manning/Lineman's face mask with bars to the ground!!

825477435[/snapback]

I sure do like that Peyton!

There is nothing like the intensity and passion of high school football. Just sitting under those lights makes me get hyper. My days of playing are long past, but my heart will never leave it.

stlrcoach,

Good for you, and I also made mine wear a McDavid Cowboy Collar (he was a lineman/linebacker)(there are better versions on the market now). Hey, I hurt every day from my football playing days but, wouldn't trade it for anything.

BTW I was a player/coach on an 8 man team at the Univ. of TN at Martin and we were runner-up 2 straight years out of approx. 16 teams. It is definitely a different animal. Fun though!!!!

thumb

Naw, it aint as big as in states like Texas, PA, and Alabama, which are three huge football states.  But its allright I mean out of those three states you have a good % of college and pro players.

825477441[/snapback]

Oh yes! I don't know if you saw it or not, but in my original post I gave TX and PA their credit. But in PA, it's mostly (90% maybe) Southwest PA. My wife is from that area, and she always has to "drag" me to a game at her high school when they are playing at home! I don't know what it is about that area of PA, but those boys are born to play football! And all the people in the town are always out for the game. She was a cheerleader during her days in high school, and none of them wanted to cheer for anything but football or wrestling! They couldn't care lees about any other sport.