UNDERRATED COACHES IN H.S. BASKETBALL

carney

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEVIN RAWLINGS - WAVERLY CENTRAL

BRIAN HASKINS - PERRY COUNTY

These two guys are not only great young coaches, but they are both great individuals as well. Their personality and philosophy are perfect for their job and for the schoool that they are at. Look for these two names to be around for a long time.

I would say Steven Roberts of Marion COunty, and Nathan Powell of Whitwell. Coach Roberts at Marion has to go against the big dogs of Chattanooga in AA (csas east ridge for ex) with nowhere near that talent level yet he gets those boys to work hard and compete every night. Coach Powell at Whitwell seems to fit the same bill as Roberts they seem to be playing harder more fundamental and alot more disciplined so far this year.

Of course we have a great coach here at Sequatchie in Coach Smith too! I think he has earned his respect and isnt quite as new and up and coming as the two i mentioned, people know theyare in for a fight when they play us and its in large part b/c of him