McCallie Vs. Baylor

ghetto meadow

Judging by the results of the match, it looks like Baylor won't be too fatigued. and Baylor's "mid-sized" gymn will be the perfect venue for such a heated match. The environment couldn't be better.

perfect venue? hahaha. hmm considering last year there were thousands at the McCallie gym that is twice the size of Baylor's. And McCallie had trouble keeping people out. This is a match that a loottttt of people will miss out on. I think its time someone considered building a new gym ?!?! thumb

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect venue? hahaha. hmm considering last year there were thousands at the McCallie gym that is twice the size of Baylor's. And McCallie had trouble keeping people out. This is a match that a loottttt of people will miss out on. I think its time someone considered building a new gym ?!?! thumb

825540425[/snapback]

McCallie's gymn is a great facility, but everyone at Baylor loves Duke Arena and love watching great competitions in Duke Arena because of the closeness, the tradition, and the acoustics. Duke makes a match five times more exciting to be that close to the mat. I am sorry that you McCallie fans don't enjoy it, but that is why yall have yall's facility; that is what yall like. All I can say is get there early, and if you don't make it in, I don't think many Baylor fans will lose much sleep because they will all be there. Hope yall make it in; if not I am sure plenty of people can tell yall all about it.

bye-the-way , whats the deal with Spencer Manley's dad putting stuff on here. Isnt time someone gave up ?

825540385[/snapback]

haha i agree with you that mccallie might pull away but i deff. agree with you about spencer's father...give it a rest Mr. Manley...please anyways i hope we do well and good luck to the mccallie side

What the #%^$ are you two talking about. Tim Manley hasn't said anything on this board that isn't intelligent, insightful, and entertaining. He is one of just a handful of people that make this board worth reading. Furthermore, I think he is way too smart to respond to your nonsense. So, I'll do it for him. I only wish that he posted more often, but given the unprovoked attacked, I don't blame him for keeping a relatively low profile.

Herm - against my better judgement I will weigh in.

ghetto meadow and mccalliesportsguy,

Give it a rest? Hummm, let's separate exactly what I've said recently from what Soms and the other mind readers like to post associated to me.

I said that McC has 5 former college wrestlers, 2 former college coaches, and 1 world champion on paid staff within their program, a fact of which the school is probably very proud. They've made a huge financial investment there, and based on the McC Inv tourney program, it is a fact that they certainly attempt to advertise.

I also said in the debate with Gablefan that there is more then coaching that goes into the success of a program and supported that statement with the record of the traditional state tourney of the past 11 years. Since no other TN program can come close to matching their coaching resume’, if Gablefan was right McC would be dominating much like Blair Academy or Great Bridge.

TSSAA Traditional State Wrestling Team Champions

2004 Baylor Division II

2003 Father Ryan Division II

2002 Baylor Division II

2001 Baylor Division II

2000 Father Ryan Division II

1999 Baylor Division II

1998 Father Ryan Division II

1997 John Overton

1996 John Overton

1995 Red Bank

1994 Cleveland

McC is certainly one of the more competitive programs in the state and maybe this will be the year that they come out of their drought? I root for all the boys I know on their team and keep in touch with several of the parents there. McC provides you boys with an opportunity to attain a great education; you ought to take advantage of it. If you’re not proud of the wrestling record, get in there and work hard to improve it instead of asking others to not talk about it - this is a wrestling forum. If anyone is posting untruths, challenge their statements with the truth.

Good luck tonight, it should be a great match.

McCallie's gymn is a great facility, but everyone at Baylor loves Duke Arena and love watching great competitions in Duke Arena because of the closeness, the tradition, and the acoustics.  Duke makes a match five times more exciting to be that close to the mat.  I am sorry that you McCallie fans don't enjoy it, but that is why yall have yall's facility; that is what yall like.  All I can say is get there early, and if you don't make it in, I don't think many Baylor fans will lose much sleep because they will all be there.  Hope yall make it in; if not I am sure plenty of people can tell yall all about it.

825540713[/snapback]

Attackall3per. I agree with you completely. I think it is close to the high school equivilant of a cameron indoor facility with coach K court (Duke's small but exciting and historically important arena). There are students camping out months before big ACC games to try to get tickets. Maybe we should all be roasting some mallows right now on Rike. Man this is gonna be awesome.

I said that McC has 5 former college wrestlers, 2 former college coaches, and 1 world champion on paid staff within their program, a fact of which the school is probably very proud.  They've made a huge financial investment there, and based on the McC Inv tourney program, it is a fact that they certainly attempt to advertise.

825540901[/snapback]

Walkenvol-

I usually ignore the comments that you continue to make on this certain topic, but I think I might chime in for a few words... You are very right about McCallie's coaching staff... there are some very accomplished coaches on their staff, but do you really believe that they like to flaunt that? A few years back when you were very involved in the McCallie wrestling community, you knew Gordon Connell. You can't possibly sit here and tell me that he likes to flaunt his achievements. I have never met a more humble man in my life. The McCallie Invitational program that you referred to earlier featured an article on Connell and his achievement over in the Czech Republic. I can honestly say that Connell knew nothing about it, and once he found out, he was upset... he doesn't like attention like that. But anyways, we all know that this whole mess is a bitterness that you have towards Connell... and I will honestly say right now that you are entitled to that opinion... So go ahead and continue your ravings, but don't turn facts into fiction...

Attackall3per. I agree with you completely. I think it is close to the high school equivilant of a cameron indoor facility with coach K court (Duke's small but exciting and historically important arena). There are students camping out months before big ACC games to try to get tickets. Maybe we should all be roasting some mallows right now on Rike. Man this is gonna be awesome.

Roasting Marshmallows? ;) hahaha...

besides that how much are tickets gonna cost this time and many will they let in

before the fire marshall stops them ?

Herm - against my better judgement I will weigh in.

ghetto meadow and mccalliesportsguy,

Give it a rest?  Hummm, let's separate exactly what I've said recently from what Soms and the other mind readers like to post associated to me.

I said that McC has 5 former college wrestlers, 2 former college coaches, and 1 world champion on paid staff within their program, a fact of which the school is probably very proud.  They've made a huge financial investment there, and based on the McC Inv tourney program, it is a fact that they certainly attempt to advertise.

I also said in the debate with Gablefan that there is more then coaching that goes into the success of a program and supported that statement with the record of the traditional state tourney of the past 11 years.  Since no other TN program can come close to matching their coaching resume’, if Gablefan was right McC would be dominating much like Blair Academy or Great Bridge.

TSSAA Traditional State Wrestling Team Champions

2004 Baylor Division II

2003 Father Ryan Division II 

2002 Baylor Division II     

2001 Baylor Division II 

2000 Father Ryan Division II

1999 Baylor Division II

1998 Father Ryan Division II 

1997 John Overton

1996 John Overton 

1995 Red Bank

1994 Cleveland

McC is certainly one of the more competitive programs in the state and maybe this will be the year that they come out of their drought?  I root for all the boys I know on their team and keep in touch with several of the parents there.  McC provides you boys with an opportunity to attain a great education; you ought to take advantage of it.  If you’re not proud of the wrestling record, get in there and work hard to improve it instead of asking others to not talk about it - this is a wrestling forum.  If anyone is posting untruths, challenge their statements with the truth. 

Good luck tonight, it should be a great match.

825540901[/snapback]

i spoke out of conformity most mccallie students don't like the manelys because of what happened and the way it was handled...honestly i don't know the whole story i know some of it and rumors i have a lot of respect for spencer and Mr. Manely i offer my apology