Lake Co.vs.Trenton Peabody

mrbigster

This game started out like Trenton was going to run away...Doakes opened with a slam dunk in about the first 15 seconds and then hit a three on their next trip down the floor and had a 5-0 lead..Lake Co gradually came back and took the lead at about 11-10 and Lake Co had the halftime lead....Lake Co never trailed in this game in the second half,although Trenton always seemed to stay around 5 or 6 points...Lake Co had a 10 point lead with a minute to play and missed several free throws and the white guy from Trenton hit a couple three's in a row..Trenton has an excellent team but on this night Lake Co outplayed them..Coach Whitby didn't sub like he had been doing with 5 in and 5 out..Instead he went with 9 players and played little used Kevin Copeland ,a 10th grade big body...The reason for this move is Theo Clark,one of Lake Co's best defensive players and best rebounder is no longer with the team..Rumor is Coach Whitby kicked him off the team..This may hurt down the road but tonight we survived without him..Coach Whitby also didn't play freshman Channin Geanes..Channin had been playing about half the games and had started a couple but I guess Coach Whitby didn't think he was ready for this kind of game...Coach also hasn't been playing Jamar Mays hardly at all..I guess if Jamar is not hitting then coach is going with Brandon Springer,a better defensive player and leaper...Both of these teams have the talent to go a long way if they play to their potential...On a given night they could beat just about anyone they play and if they were to play 10 times they may very well split with each other..But again ,on this night Lake Co was the best team..If Lake Co would have hit their free throws they could have won by 10..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady K..All the teams in our district are pretty tough..We can't afford to overlook anyone..Lady K..I also met one of our rivals..Wang from J.C.S. was there tonight..It was a pleasure to talk to him...Seems like a great guy...Now we can ride him..since Halls or Lake Co doesn't play them..I believe I am going to go watch J.C. S tomorrow night against Liberty..That way I will be able to see them first hand and judge them for myself...Wang seems to think Lake Co and Trenton is better than West Carrol..He has seen them play but West Carrol is another team I plan on watching in the upcoming weeks..

Lady K..All the teams in our district are pretty tough..We can't afford to overlook anyone..Lady K..I also met one of our rivals..Wang from J.C.S. was there tonight..It was a pleasure to talk to him...Seems like a great guy...Now we can ride him..since Halls or Lake Co doesn't play them..I believe I am going to go watch J.C. S tomorrow night against Liberty..That way I will be able to see them first hand and judge them for myself...Wang seems to think Lake Co and Trenton is better than West Carrol..He has seen them play but West Carrol is another team I plan on watching in the upcoming weeks..

825479351[/snapback]

I agree with Wang about West Carroll. I think Halls, Lake County, and Trenton are all better than West Carroll. I watched them play last year in the Crockett County Classic and they weren't really showing me much. They just had this really tall uncoordinated center (Webb) that was not having the best night. I really don't think they can top anyone in our district this year, and definitely not last year. So I'm going to have to agree with Wang about West Carroll. I also agree with you about not counting anyone out yet because if anyone has an off night, it can be trouble. It all depends on the night! I've always said that. If you're having a bad night offensively, its going to be hard for you to win the game. I'm looking forward to both of Halls match-ups against Lake County and Trenton. They should be some very incredible games. Hopefully we (Halls) won't be having one of those bad nights! GO TIGERS! thumb

Thoughts on the game:

--First high school game I've been to this year and it was better than any UT game I've watched. This Lake County team could outrun the Vols; heck, they might could beat them since UT can't play defense or rebound. Or shoot (except for Lofton and McFadgon). And Brandon Crump should just go roll another one and "graduate" already. But I digress...

--District MVP will come down to Doaks and Tyler. Both of them look like the real deal. If Tyler could grow about 3-4 more inches, he'd be a D-I prospect. He could definitely play somewhere, I just don't know if he has the size to go big-time. Doaks will make a big impact at UTC (who, coincidentally, beat the Vols on Sunday).

--The only team that can stop Lake County is Lake County. If they are on, they will win. I think Whitby has given them the green light once they cross half-court. They are too quick for anyone to keep them from getting an open look, and they will create tons of turnovers with their aggressive defense. Doaks is about the only one around that can outrebound any LC player (reportedly Whitby has eight guys that can dunk). But if they have an off night, like they reportedly did against Fulton Co. and Dyer Co., it can be ugly.

--Trenton is beatable if you shut Doaks down. LC didn't really shut him down, but they kept him from taking over the game. If he ever gets in foul trouble, Trenton is in trouble. That #42 and #45 were pretty decent, but they can't handle the ball as well as Doaks. LC forced a lot of turnovers and turned them into fast-break points.

--You can't take Tyler off the floor. LC had an 8-point lead, Tony came out, and just like that it was tied. He's everywhere on both ends of the floor.

--Officiating wasn't that great, but I've definitely seen worse. The Ward guy wasn't on the crew, but it wasn't the best crew Northwest could put together. Considering the magnitude of the game, you'd think they'd send out their top-notch guys. Of course, then again, if I were officiating basketball (which, thankfully I don't, I just stick to football and baseball), I wouldn't want to do a game at LC either. I've never been in any high school gym that was louder than Lake County's.

--Sep's desperation heave at the end of the third gave LC the momentum it needed to win the game; that thing had to be from 30 feet out.

--First time I've ever seen the balcony open for a regular-season game at LC. Great crowd, loud all night, students really into it and they never sat down.

--The "Sisco" chant will never get old.

Wes..I believe you are right..This team is so quick and all of them can run and jump..Also if they shoot the ball well from outside they will be hard to beat.If Lake Co could get Jamar Mays going or when he does start hitting it will be lights out..I believe Lake Co has the deepest bench but I think not having Theo on the team will hurt a little as far as more athleticism,rebounding and hustle..He also give us a few more fouls to use..I'm hoping Coach Whitby and Theo will sit down and have a talk and Theo is let back on the team,being his last year to play..That's just my opinion.

Wes 68..I meant to say something else about your post...About that statement that Lake Co will be the team to beat Lake Co..I really believe if Ward would have been the official at that game,we lose by ten..I haven't even talked to you but I'm glad someone else noticed that I'm not the only one howling about him..I told a guy from J.C.S.,that came to our game last night before the game even started that I thought we had a good chance because I didn't see Ward on the crew..That's bad when you have to kind of look to see if a certain official is doing your game..He may give us trouble in the district tournament but if I'm not mistaken,he won't be able to officiate the region...I believe most of the officials in this area go somewhere else..Whoever gets him ,I wish them well..

Wang,let me know when your guys play Middleton at Jackson..I definitely want to see that game if any way possible..Sounds like Middleton had a great game..I believe Middleton has broken the 100 point barrier twice this year...So,maybe that shows the athletes and the defense Lake Co has..Lake held Middleton to 54 and Trenton and Doakes to 60,with both games being wins for Lake Co..I still plan on coming to the J.C.S.---Liberty game tonight..It is Liberty tonight,right?I want to check your team out ..