Class A Mr. Basketball, updated

gomab2

When Jeff is given freedom on the court, and given the rock, he is a special player. It is painful to watch him now under his new coach at Tyner. After averaging 22 ppg as a Junior, and improving great strides this summer, he has schackels put on him this winter, and is often benched for taking even good shots, and yelled at when he scores 20+ points, all which has led to a 19 ppg scoring average... Trust me, Jeff is a special, special player...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Jeff is given freedom on the court, and given the rock, he is a special player. It is painful to watch him now under his new coach at Tyner. After averaging 22 ppg as a Junior, and improving great strides this summer, he has schackels put on him this winter, and is often benched for taking even good shots, and yelled at when he scores 20+ points, all which has led to a 19 ppg scoring average... Trust me, Jeff is a special, special player...

825484306[/snapback]

Thats fine and dandy but after watching him play about 15 times last year I realized that he A) very talented and :P has lots of potential, but at the same time he did not have any killer instinct and from what I hear he still doesnt have any it was one thing to score twenty a game but being able to take over a game in the clutch is big to me and All of Tyner's games were close last year and he never took over when it mattered Scoring 20 through three quarters is great but I need 6or 7 points from my best player when the game is close in the last few minutes

The Class A Mr. Basketball race looks to be turning into a 4 horse race...

Nicchaeus Doaks, Xavier Webb, Joseph Bailey, and Caleb Skogen seem to have distanced themselves a bit from the rest at this point in the season...

The leaders of the pack right now have to be Webb and Doaks...

Both are averaging 26 ppg, 14 rpg, and between 4 and 5 bpg...

Webb has had games of 43, 38, and 32 already this year, and has hit 4 threes or more in a game THREE times already, and he is 6'9!!!

Doaks is rivaling Giles' Tyler Smith for the most highlight dunks in the year so far. Doaks has also done damage from the outside, but has been an absolute monster attacking the rim...

Bailey is putting up 20 ppg for one of the state's best teams in 6-1 Pickett Co...

Goodpasture's Zach Frey has thrown himself in the mix as Middle Tn's 2nd best candidate (behind Bailey) with 25+ ppg... Frey definitely has the stats, but his team is not very good, and has several blow out losses, and seems to benefit from padding his stats in these losses...

Shane, Sikes and Puckett have had average starts to the season, and for the moment have dropped out of the Top 4, though Shane is playing the best of the 3...

Lake Co's Tyler, JCS' North, and Halls' Patrick have had great starts, but lack the 'star power' to attract serious Mr. Basketball attention this year...

My top 5 in Class A for Mr. Basketball

1. Xavier Webb, West Carroll

2. Nicchaeus Doaks, Trenton

3. Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co

4. Caleb Skogen, Temple

5. Brandon Shane, Greenfield

825480739[/snapback]

Goodpasture has not been getting blown out of any games, they had a chance to win all of them. They only lost by 10pts to Maplewood and Frey sat out pretty much the whole first half and still managed 18 pts. Goodpasture only lost by six to Father Ryan and 4 to pope... all of these games should have been won. The other teams never put in the lower classmen to finish a game.

Joseph Bailey for Pickett Co. hit his first 7 shots, including 4 threes for 18 points in the first quarter. Playing less than half the game against Gordonsville, he had 24 points. The Gordonsville starters scored 13 points in 3 quarters, none in the 3rd. Joseph Bailey is hands down Mr. Basketball. He's not getting a lot of playing time because Pickett is getting huge leads early.

Frey at 5. That is ridiculous. He has no chance at winning. He has ok stats but like you said he pads them against weaker teams, his team also is not good. but the top 4 look good to me.

825492643[/snapback]

Mouse3452...at least Frey is mentioned...don't see anyone from E/H on the list...notably YOU...