McMinn Co. vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

im sorry but all this talk about justin hicks from mcminn i was expecting a lot more from this kid, i thought he would be a lot more athletic, he is a scrawny kid that doesn't do much besides hustle some of the time, the hype proved to be wrong in my opinion

825488023[/snapback]

Scrawny? haha, he is not scrawny at all. He just had a bad game, he hit a couple 3's but usually he can break a press by himself. How was he not athletic? That was one of the worst officiated games i have seen. The scorekeepers let about 10 seconds run off the clock, and that call at the end on justin hicks for a double dribble was AWFUL it cost them a chance to win the game or at least tie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry but all this talk about justin hicks from mcminn i was expecting a lot more from this kid, i thought he would be a lot more athletic, he is a scrawny kid that doesn't do much besides hustle some of the time, the hype proved to be wrong in my opinion

825488023[/snapback]

You have just put your life to shame. First of all, he is not scrawny, he is actually big in the biceps. Not athletic? You gotta be kidding me, he is one of the most athletic people I know. He used to dominate in soccer and now does in basketball. Shoot he even played QB his frosh year. I agree with burnt he could flat show some kids up on defense with a press break. Quickest way to break the press-PASSING, but not when you have him he can slice and dice and splice all the way up the floor. So get off this kid, he could probably school you Mike.

You have just put your life to shame. First of all, he is not scrawny, he is actually big in the biceps. Not athletic? You gotta be kidding me, he is one of the most athletic people I know. He used to dominate in soccer and now does in basketball. Shoot he even played QB his frosh year. I agree with burnt he could flat show some kids up on defense with a press break. Quickest way to break the press-PASSING, but not when you have him he can slice and dice and splice all the way up the floor. So get off this kid, he could probably school you Mike.

825488242[/snapback]

haha no, this kid was a turnover machine, he may be a good athlete, as in he can play sports, that doesn't mean he is very athletic, and no he doesn't have very big biceps haha, if you think those are big biceps then you guys have just put your life to shame, but no he could not break the press by himself, the only player on the court that could do that was brandon brown, hicks tried to and turned the ball over, im sorry you guys think this guy is so much better than he is but its just not true, so tony let him come "school" me, that would be fun....and to the other guy complaining about the double dribble, it did hit both of his hands before going back to the ground, and what about the kid who hit the 3 to tie it up, how many times did he shuffle his feet before finally deciding to stop and shoot? that was one of the most blatant walks ive ever seen in my life

Hicks double dribbled??? Was that before of after your whole team grabbed and held him to prevent him from beatin the press??? Curtis played well, but he remembered us because in warmups after everything he did he would look up at the crowd... Ooltewah had no fan support at all, McMinn bout had as many ppl as they did and it was a horrible turnout for them. Only about 15 fans in all for the Tribe not even sittin together makes it a little hard to get in Curtis's head.

The officiating was ridiculous, besides the missed foul on Hicks, how do you not call a foul on Porter when he kills Cobb on an attempted lay-up at a crucial time of the game. Also numerous over the back calls were not made. For example, the one that stuck out in my mind was a no call on Jensen Morgan when he jumped on the back of Simpson and pulled him to the ground. As for the scorekeepers, how do you let 10 secs run off after a dead ball??

McMinn played a sorry game, with 14 second half turnovers and a 48% from the free throw line. I didn't understand why our coach would not call a timeout during Ooltewah's 8-0 run. Over the break, McMinn needs to work on free throws and BOXING OUT, Curtis had about 10 too many rebounds due to the inability to box out.

You Ooltewah kids just haven't seen hicks play enough. He is the best player we have, he just had an off game. He is a good passer, but he occasionaly forces some. And he is not scrawny, about 6'0, and about 160-170. They scorekeepers let time run off like i said, and the refs called Hicks out of bounds one play where he was NOT CLOSE to being out, he had a wide open layup and they called him out. And the double dribble calll was just awful, he had like 3 people hangin on him. And there was this one over the back call on him and he jumped on his own teammates back, his teammates back, not an opponent, and gets called for a foul. You find Hicks when he plays like he usually does and you will be very impressed wif him.

You Ooltewah kids just haven't seen hicks play enough. He is the best player we have, he just had an off game. He is a good passer, but he occasionaly forces some. And he is not scrawny, about 6'0, and about 160-170. They scorekeepers let time run off like i said, and the refs called Hicks out of bounds one play where he was NOT CLOSE  to being out, he had a wide open layup and they called him out. And the double dribble calll was just awful, he had like 3 people hangin on him. And there was this one over the back call on him and he jumped on his own teammates back, his teammates back, not an opponent, and gets called for a foul. You find Hicks when he plays like he usually does and you will be very impressed wif him.

825488496[/snapback]

He is a great player and can see the lane to pass the ball well, but I know a lot of players that are exceptionally better than him. If he was at Ooltewah this year, he would probabaly not start, but would be a good depth to the roster.

im sorry 6' and 160-170 is not skinny?? that's a joke... 6' and 180 is pretty decent, and believe me is mnewballer says the kid is scrawny ill take his word for it. oh and please did you seriously call mnewballer out?? haha that's a jokeyour boy wouldn't want that game of 1-v1 simply because he would like to be able to scrape whats left of his pride after the game is over with. mnewballer would leave him with nothing... hang your head in shame good sir, youve embarassed mcminn fans statewide with those comments