Ave Min/Game = 21.3

FGM - FGA = 19-38 = 50%

3FGM - 3FGA = 4-9 = 44.4%

FTM - FTA = 11-18 = 61.1%

Reb/Game = 3.1

Ast/Game = 1.4

Stl/Game = 2.3

Pts/Game = 7.6

I don't care if you just personally don't like the kid, you can not knock him for his play. For being a true freshmen and not only playing but starting at a huge university like Florida, he is playing awesome! He has obviously stepped his defensive game up and contributing right away. Those percentages for 3's and total FG's are great! Not only is he leading the team in steals but he is also leading in 3-pt percentage! The stats don't lie!!

Corey Brewer's Season Stats:

Ave Min/Game = 21.3

FGM - FGA = 19-38 = 50%

3FGM - 3FGA = 4-9 = 44.4%

FTM - FTA = 11-18 = 61.1%

Reb/Game = 3.1

Ast/Game = 1.4

Stl/Game = 2.3

Pts/Game = 7.6

I don't care if you just personally don't like the kid, you can not knock him for his play. For being a true freshmen and not only playing but starting at a huge university like Florida, he is playing awesome! He has obviously stepped his defensive game up and contributing right away. Those percentages for 3's and total FG's are great! Not only is he leading the team in steals but he is also leading in 3-pt percentage! The stats don't lie!!

825482789[/snapback]

I am a brewer fan but those stats won't last all season! He won't be at the top of the % for 3's. He is playing great basketball, and should be a great player for the next four years!

Edited by Magid

Amen...and congrats to Corey. He is a great kid with a bright future.

Did Corey take all those Portland fans with him? I understand Portland is down this year, but their community support is even more down. Portland still has a great coaching staff and these kids still need your support...win or lose!

Good luck to Portland this season.

825482412[/snapback]

Portland is a football town and the only reason people came out to see them last year was cause of Cory.

They did have a good coaching staff with Coach Kington, but then he resigned when Brewer was gone. Now they have a new coach that has lost their first five games.They are in last place in the region and the rest of the season isnt looking to good for theses boys. The boys arent bad players they all just lack the varsity time.

I am a brewer fan but those stats won't last all season! He won't be at the top of the % for 3's. He is playing great basketball, and should be a great player for the next four years!

825482852[/snapback]

I understand that but my point was he is playing great. ur right he won't be at the top with 3FG % (if he is it will be b/c he takes less 3's and will be selective with them). regardless of how long they last i doubt they will drop so low that his position on the team will be insignificant. he is making a great contribution to good basketball team!

Fellas this is awesome to have middle tn standout playing major d1 ball and starting as a freshman. Not to mention an east tn standout in lee humphrey down there as well. The fact is corey is the real deal. He was assigned to gaurd an all american as a freshman and was only outdone by 8 points. Sure garcia put up his avg's but brewer made some big plays in the game. Crucial steals and a crucial trey down the stretch. If you ask me, it seemed as if walsh and roberson were by standers. Neither one of them attempted to take over the game. Corey played great and will be in contention for sec freshman of the year!

Congrats Corey!!!

Corey, my #1 player in the state in the Class of 2004, is looking great in the Blue and Orange!!! But let's not overhype his D too much. Garcia was named ESPN.com's player of the week after his game against Florida, and was FAR from shut down...just don't overhype the D...

Corey is, however, making an outstanding impact for the Gators, and looks to have not only an outstanding SEC career, but a potential NBA career if he continues to progress...

Congrats Corey!!!

Corey, my #1 player in the state in the Class of 2004, is looking great in the Blue and Orange!!! But let's not overhype his D too much. Garcia was named ESPN.com's player of the week after his game against Florida, and was FAR from shut down...just don't overhype the D...

Corey is, however, making an outstanding impact for the Gators, and looks to have not only an outstanding SEC career, but a potential NBA career if he continues to progress...

825483409[/snapback]

That is what I have been trying to tell people,he was beaten off the dribble several times by Garcia,he has a lot of improving to do on the defensive end.

Garci was 6 for 14 from the field and had 6 turnovers. I didn't say that he shut him down and just said he did a commendable job of guarding the nation's best junior. He will continue to be asked to guard the opposing team's best player and I'm sure he will not shut them all down, but if he plays as well as he did both offensively and defensively against Louisville he will continue to give Florida a chance to compete with the country's top teams.