Nicchaeus Doaks

mr.giggliefly33

To sports radio, Im a fan just like the next, this is a message board so if I come on here and say something about Doak's coach then I can. I dont get on here and tell you how unprofessional it is for you to be posting holding a position like yours. You call the games, and Ill be a fan. We can leave it at that. And as for Bulldog#2, yeah you beat us a few times I can agree on that, but how many state tournaments has milan won, been to, or even sniffed. From what ive been told Doaks got quite a bit of exposure from the summer on his club team. He has gotten better, and now is a man amongst boys. He will fit in well at UTC. High major would be a stretch because he cant put the ball on the floor good enough to play in the SEC. He is too small to play the 4 or 5 in the SEC. Sure he could have got a scholarship there but how succesfull would he have been. UTC was a good fit, bottom line.

Edited by Tidepride

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sports radio, Im a fan just like the next, this is a message board so if I come on here and say something about Doak's coach then I can. I dont get on here and tell you how unprofessional it is for you to be posting holding a position like yours.

825487968[/snapback]

You took that the wrong way tidepride...I'm not telling you what to post, I'm just saying be more positive for the player and not negative toward the team. The Golden Tide have a very good chance to do some special things this season - that's all I'm saying.

As to my position and being unprofessional, I'm one of at least fifty broadcasters that log on to this site and post. We all try to bolster the teams we cover. I don't think that's being unprofessional. We try to promote the young people playing the games.

I realize you don't care for the coach, I happen to have a different opinion on that matter. Is that wrong or unprofessional?

I have no ill will toward you...so, I believe we will just have to agree to disagree on this matter and drop it. As you say, I'll call the games and you be one of the many tremendous fans following the Golden Tide.

Truce? Olive Branch?

Edited by sportsradiotn

he will fit in great at UTC with Coach Schulamn, he will get the best out of Doaks....he looks like the typical UTC player (which is a good thing....i go to school there) I dont think he could have played at a big time school.....he's too small to play the 4 or 5 and cant put the ball on the floor all that well to be a 3 and not that good enough outside shooter to be a big 2 man.......those guys in the SEC, ACC, and other major conferences are bigger, stronger, and just a little better (not taking anything away from Doaks)...he's s perfect fit for UTC and the SOCON conference

Tidepride, I don't think #1Bulldog meant any disrespect toward Trenton's program.  It's just that Trenton is a 1A school while Union City and Humboldt are 2A and get a little more respect statewide and from college coaches.  You hardly ever see major D-1 talent come from 1A schools, even though they may be just as good as those that come from 2A and 3A schools -- and even though Trenton, by now, is actually a BIGGER school than Union City, enrollment-wise.

I think he meant that Doaks would have had a better chance of signing with a top-level program if he went to a bigger, more visible high school.

825487879[/snapback]

Thank you very much. Tidepride, you need to calm down. I'm not sayin Trenton's not any good, b/c I know Milan's not good this year, I'm just sayin Union City is a lot better than yall and will probably get more looks from D-1 schools and he would've had a better chance at a better school if he woulda went somewhere else, preferably a 5A school, not even Union City.

he got his looks from AAU, and AAU only. From what i hear the coach at UTC is his AAu coaches uncle...is that a coincidence??? You tell me...So it doesnt matter there you play coaches realize your ability, if you get the exposure. Could he really survive in a conference like the ACC, and take on the likes of a Sean May every night..Nicceahas is at the best school, where he can play and not bounce around from school to school.

• 2 weeks later...

Tidepride is mad because the person in his family on Peabody's team isn't getting a lot of attention. The coach is more than equitable in his treatment of all of his players, and, unlike many other coaches, chose to put up with Tidepride's family member when many others would not have. His posts are tainted with a huge bias against the coach for personal reasons.