Best player

bulldog88

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to stop kidding themselves and come to the conclusion that Cait is the best player in the state. Even Pat agrees, and I think she has a good eye for talent. Playing against Cait was probably the most fun I ever had playing basketball, but coming back and watching her manhandle my old teammates was something else. From the stands you get a whole different view of her abilities. She can score the points, get the boards, make the spectacluar pases, and play some tremendous defense. To comment on the not being a team player...the game I went to watcher she didn't even score in the 1st quarter bc of the type of defense but she dished it off the the posts. I honestly think she was close to a triple double. The only thing were the boards, she might have been one or two off. By far the best player!

Edited by walkingthewalk

Just some stats from the Greene Co. Bank Classic:

Caitlin McMahan: 8-19 field goals vs. Greeneville

7-12 free throw vs. Greeneville

2-8 field goals vs. Walker Valley

16-19 free throw vs. Walker Valley

The website for the tournament did not give a breakdown of her first game. She shot 37% from the floor for 2 games and 74% from the foul line.

She may have been having a bad week. I don't know. I do know that she has teammates that can also shoot pretty well and she should have passed the ball off more. I saw many times where she tried to drive to the basket for no reason and cost her team a turnover. Just my opinion.

Alysha Clark: 13-17 field goals vs. Lake Mary

12-12 free throws vs. Lake Mary

10-14 field goals vs. Walker Valley

15-17 free throws vs. Walker Valley

5-9 field goals vs. Greeneville

12-12 free throws vs. Greeneville

6-11 field goals vs. Powell

6-6 free throw vs. Powell

She shot 67% from the floor and 93% from the foul line. When she didn't have a shot she passed the ball out to one of her teammates, who managed 11 3-pointers vs. Powell. This is her game every time she plays.

I saw at least 5 players in the Greenville Tourn. that I would take before McMahan.

Alysha Clark-Mt. Juliet

Megan Lyons- Greeneville

Daniell Goodly- Cabrini

Erin Ogan- Powell

Ashley Huff- Jefferson Co.

Alyson Butler- Walker Valley

Like I said- :) Just my opinion!

Alysha clark plays like that every game. Other teams must think the same thing, they double and triple team her every game. I saw 4 games that cait played in and dont think once she was double teamed, think about that. Just because Pat is looking at her does not make her the best basketball player in the state. Like i said she is good but not the best in the state.

Alysha clark plays like that every game. Other teams must think the same thing, they double and triple team her every game. I saw 4 games that cait played in and dont think once she was double teamed, think about that. Just because Pat is looking at her does not make her the best basketball player in the state. Like i said she is good but not the best in the state.

825503596[/snapback]

I guess Pat dont know much about Basketball...If all these other players are better why isnt Tennessee recurting them....Cait is the best in the state and one of the best in the Country....

:ph34r: You just better hope that Kate doesn't have to guard Kayla Hudson from Gleason, because she might even tell you herself who's better than she is.

you poor fellers must not have taken the trip up to northwest tennessee and sat in the new gym on 99 and 92 state drive and watched a certain ms kayla hudson play baseketball.  shes not just playing but she is smoking other teams. when she has a game that other folks call bad by not scoring so much, she is dishing the ball to other team mates.  no doubt the best sub 5'5 player in the state in all divisions, and one of the best overall, a true team player that makes everyone on her team better and the ability to create her shot when needed. and shes a sophomore, so i feel bad for folks this year and the next two, cause she wont graduate without a state championship ring. she may even get a pair

825493397[/snapback]

I have no doubt that Cait will end up as a Lady Vol...so did Abby and Amanda Cannon. Pat always has a concession scholarship for some political pre-arranged favor. Let's remember, Pat Summitt is an employee of the State of Tennessee first. Also, Cait committed to Tennessee, Pat has yet to offer the scholarship. I have personal knowledge of why Aubrey Gustalli is wearing a Lady Vol uniform.

By far, Alysha Clark is the best player in the state. She may not end up as AAA Miss Tennessee Basketball, but Payton Manning did not get the Heisman either.

Cait is a great player and certainly one of the top five in the state! I have watched her play several times and would want her on my team. But I have also seen other players from all over the country, and just when you think you have seen the best, there is someone better. I think Latoya Bullard and Jessica Mooney are just as good as Cait and these girls have beaten Cait head-to-head when Cait had the best players in the State around her.

If I were Cait, I would talk to Jessica Mooney and some other great players in the country and go to Belmont with Aylsha. How do you think a little school from Connecticut became great? It is going to be very difficult for Cait to win court time over Hornbuckle, Gatewood and Moss.

Here is my opion:

Powell's Caitlin Hollifield and Erin Ogan are a double team that you don't want to get in the way of.

Cait Hollifield is amazing and growing in basketball every year...she's still a sophmore but she doesn't play like it.

Erin Ogan is just AWSOME...she has gotten better and better...this year her game is on and you better watch out because she hitting almost everything she puts up...no matter if she is in the paint or not.

Cait McMahan is good...we should all give her credit...she scored i believe 44 points on Powell last year...no one could stop her...she is really the only stand out on her team

I have been watching Hillary Mead #30 from Upperman play. She plays post, power forward, and guard when needed to bring the ball down.

She won MVP awards at the Mid-South Classic tourny before Christmas and won MVP at the Sweet South Classic Tourny in Athens, GA after Christmas. She has had several Double-doubles and is very strong physically. A true leader on a young team.

Her team is also ranked #1 in AA in the state.

I want her on my team. thumb thumb