Central Cougars Basketball

cougar_scout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that sums up the season with proving the cougars have the most talent in the area they come out on top with a 13-1 conference record happy valley got lucky by beating the cougars by 3! that being there only conference loss this season. weaterford and hess both have grown alot as young players the will still play a big part in the district!

go cougars! #1 for real

well see,thats the problem jrock. cougar scout said most talent in the area....not in the conference. centrals win over hv didnt win central the conference, that win paired with ucs win over hv won the conference. its okay that central won the conference though, all that means is that they get a bye into semis and into regionals. heres somethin to think about though: both districts and regionals are being played at unicoi. no more home court advantage for central. hopefully hv will get to see central another time this year, only this time it wont be at hv or at central.

We won at Unicoi, I didn't really think it was that tough of a place to play at. Now on the other hand, Happy Valley is a big home court advantage. It's so small in there, it really gives you all an advantage. I'll admit we do play better at home but if we meet you all there it shouldn't be an advantage for either team and should make for a good game but we both have to get there in the first place.

maybe east should be considered the most taleneted in the area or south or boone.

825564804[/snapback]

South does have a lot of talent. They have most of their team coming back next year. They will have more size than any team in NE TN next year for sure. Here is what their frontcourt will be:

Reed Powell 6'7

Beau Hauldren 6'4

Levi Ashworth 6'8

Who else around here will have that size? Plus Reed Powell has a brother who will be a freshman who is also around 6'4 or 6'5. Boone also has some young players who got some experience this year, they should also be pretty good next year.

Don't be mad because you thought you all had the mack daddy team this year and would run away with the conference but didn't. You would think after all that talking you did on here about how HV was going to beat Central you would have shut up when they lost. But you still have to get on here with your pointless, jealous post hating on Central. Get over it.

hey brock, i think someone brain washed u or u have no long term memory. no one picked hv to run away with the conference. it was picked to be a tight race between hv, sc, and uc but most picked hv to win it. hv also beat central once if u dont remember.

825565280[/snapback]

Hats off to all of the afformentioned teams. However I expect Central to step up big time next year as they join the Big 7. To truly prove their worth they will need to contend with Science Hill, Dobynes Bennett and an improving Sulivan South Team. That task seems daunting, considering the player retention that the Hill and South both will have next year.

well we will see next year they may not be the top dog as of this year! but watauga conference will be weak next year no talent there as happy valley loses everything next year and i dont see unicoi having anything as well. central may not be the best be at least the will be playing the best!

825565710[/snapback]

Well, don't expect the Cougars to finish anywhere near the top next year. If I count correctly, 13-1 in the Watauga, 6-8 non-conference, 1-4 vs. Big 7 teams this year. It ain't going to be pretty next year!!

Central starts 2 juniors and the guys off the bench this year will get it done next year. If you ask me I think the good teams in the Wautaga would finish high this year in the Big 7. The only dominant team in the Big 7 is Science Hill, I think DB and TN High are just mediocre. South has the talent to be a real powerhouse next year though.