Central Cougars Basketball

cougar_scout

South does have a lot of talent.  They have most of their team coming back next year.  They will have more size than any team in NE TN next year for sure.  Here is what their frontcourt will be:

Reed Powell 6'7

Beau Hauldren 6'4

Levi Ashworth 6'8

825565254[/snapback]

Hauldren is 6'2" with his shoes on but he is definitely a competitor and, the Rebels leading scorer this year. I have to agree with you that South is going to be a force next year. Especially if they are able to bring up a good point guard to distribute and take care of the ball.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the only joke on here is you.  Go back to the TN High thread if there is one and think of ways you can lure some more Blountville players your way.

CHS795:

If you are a true Central fan you would keep it yourself if you thought they were not going to be good next year.  The players get on here and read this stuff and when they see a so called fan say they are not going to play above .500 next year how do you think that makes them feel?

825567120[/snapback]

I am just stating my opinion, like everyone else on here does. I am not slamming the players by any means. If one post from someone as insignificant as me causes them to feel bad, then something is wrong. I have, and will continue, to support Central athletics. I have a nephew who attends school there. I would like nothing more than see them go into the Big 7 next year and dominate. I just don't think that will happen. I hope I am proven wrong, I really do. None of what I am saying is personal. Just an opinion, nothing else!

No the only joke on here is you.  Go back to the TN High thread if there is one and think of ways you can lure some more Blountville players your way.

825567120[/snapback]

broch20 don’t blame me because Blountville doesn’t have anything to offer these up and coming stars during the summer. I don’t do this team for Tennessee High, Central, or any of the High schools. I do it so that these exceptional players can get out of this deprived dungeon around here and see what they are really up against, and for them to gain exposure of their talents. Attitudes like yours continue to hamper the progress in bringing our sports up to par with the rest of the state because you’re scared players from your school will see a better opportunity out there and leave!!

By the way, this team advanced to the AAU and YBOA State Tournaments last year. We could have advanced to the AAU National Tournament but it would have been just for the experience (if you know what I mean) and the parents elected not to. You should be thanking me because two of the players off my team hold the keys to Centrals future. Their experiences from this summer program will serve them well as a Cougar!

broch20 don’t blame me because Blountville doesn’t have anything to offer these up and coming stars during the summer. I don’t do this team for Tennessee High, Central, or any of the High schools. I do it so that these exceptional players can get out of this deprived dungeon around here and see what they are really up against, and for them to gain exposure of their talents. Attitudes like yours continue to hamper the progress in bringing our sports up to par with the rest of the state because you’re scared players from your school will see a better opportunity out there and leave!!

By the way, this team advanced to the AAU and YBOA State Tournaments last year. We could have advanced to the AAU National Tournament but it would have been just for the experience (if you know what I mean) and the parents elected not to. You should be thanking me because two of the players off my team hold the keys to Centrals future. Their experiences from this summer program will serve them well as a Cougar!

825568889[/snapback]

AAU and summer leagues have been around here long before you. The coaching staff at Central pretty much brought AAU to this area a few years back but the interest has died down heavily now. Don't act like we are holding these guys back, the interest is not there like it was in the past.

You have to get the players from Blountville because if you didn't you would get embarassed not because you are helping them, if you could do it with TN High kids you would but you can't.

And by "program" do you mean a bunch of TN High parents getting together and complaining about the officiating?

Edited by brock20

You should be thanking me because two of the players off my team hold the keys to Centrals future. Their experiences from this summer program will serve them well as a Cougar!

825568889[/snapback]

Why should anyone thank you for whatever it is that you do? And futher more, if you are doing the AAU thing for the players...... what better way than to go to the nationals where top players from the nation are there to compete against. But back to the "thank you" thing......... I have coached AAU basketball for 12 years and not once did I ever say that anyone owed me a thank you. When you get into those types of issues, you are only in it for yourself. You say that you're not, but what you just said might be just that. The national tourney is the tops of playing competitive ball. My teams have made it to the state every year that I coached and to the nationals four times with AAU placing 3rd and 5th out of those four years. In YBOA we played for two years and made it to the nationals both years. So the talent is already around here. The players just need exposure to a weak area for getting top scouts for visits. I totally agree with you that AAU gives players from around here a look at more competitive teams, but to tell someone that they should thank you is a stretch. Throughout all the accomplishments of my AAU coaching, not many have noticed the job that we have done and how competitive we were able to be with just players from the Tri-Cities area. I can smile because the players I coached remember what was done and they still call me every now and then. Helping student-athletes in any way you can is the main goal and I am happy to do whatever role I can, be it noticed or not. GOD BLESS!!!!!

:(

Edited by Stokomo

Why should anyone thank you for whatever it is that you do? And futher more, if you are doing the AAU thing for the players...... what better way than to go to the nationals where top players from the nation are there to compete against. But back to the "thank you" thing......... I have coached AAU basketball for 12 years and not once did I ever say that anyone owed me a thank you. When you get into those types of issues, you are only in it for yourself. You say that you're not, but what you just said might be just that. The national tourney is the tops of playing competitive ball. My teams have made it to the state every year that I coached and to the nationals four times  ;)

825569046[/snapback]

You are one to talk about patting yourself on the back STOKOMO … you post your resume on here every chance you get!!!! (YOUR LAST POST FOR EXAMPLE)

I have coached AAU basketball for 12 years

My teams have made it to the state every year that I coached

Throughout all the accomplishments of my AAU coaching

Those are just examples from your last post. Don’t you know there’s no I or MY in TEAM!! Now I know these examples have been taken out of context … and make it look like you are a self-serving individual that is only bragging about his accomplishments. But I know that’s not true. I made this example to show you how you constantly pick out exerts or comments that I make in my posts and twisting them around to make me look like the bad guy.

When I said “thank me” I meant instead of accusing me of stealing the Blountville players BROCK20 should be happy that someone (not me specifically) is providing the opportunity for these kids to showcase their talents outside this region. And the decision not to go on to the National Tournament was the decision that we came to as a team (coaches, players, and parents) after a long but successful 11 tournament season. We were realistic about it and knew that we could maybe advance out of the first two games. But seeing what we were up against in the Memphis tournaments … it was obvious to us that the competition would be even tougher from other states. And if you truly have been to a National tournament you know the enormous expense involved for each family (not to mention time off work). So cool it with the “When I use to ….” stories. The only personal gain I’m looking for out of this is seeing the kids whose paths I cross succeed not only in sports but in life as well … no matter what school they attend. But you should already know this?!! Believe me we are on the same team here!

AAU and summer leagues have been around here long before you.  The coaching staff at Central pretty much brought AAU to this area a few years back but the interest has died down heavily now.  Don't act like we are holding these guys back, the interest is not there like it was in the past.

You have to get the players from Blountville because if you didn't you would get embarassed not because you are helping them, if you could do it with TN High kids you would but you can't. 

And by "program" do you mean a bunch of TN High parents getting together and complaining about the officiating?

825568969[/snapback]

You are right in a sense … the team did benefit from the contribution of the Blountville kids as well as the kids from Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City. You also added to my point … coaches with the same attitude as you have don’t encourage their players to participate in summer AAU programs. If they do they try to build a team with just the players in their individual schools. These teams are not very successful outside our regional area and quite honestly get embarrassed at the sub state and state levels. My goal is to take the best of the best in this REGIONAL area so that the team will be able to advance further and in turn get the true AAU experience in a positive way. This frame of mind obviously goes against yours as well as some of the coaching staffs in this area because I don’t get a team together just to help build up any individual school program. I look at AAU as a tool for kids to sharpen their individual skills by playing with as well as against the best talent possible. This not only improves their skill level but also their confidence and level of play to set the stage and better prepare them for their athletic careers after high school. YOU PLAY WITH THE BEST; YOU BECOME ONE OF THE BEST!!!

Have you seen Vance/THS vs Blountville/Central 7th, 8th, or 9th grade games this year?! If you have you would see how ludicrous your statement “You have to get the players from Blountville because if you didn't you would get embarrassed …” sounds!! :rolleyes:;)

You are right in a sense … the team did benefit from the contribution of the Blountville kids as well as the kids from Bristol, Kingsport, and Johnson City. You also added to my point … coaches with the same attitude as you have don’t encourage their players to participate in summer AAU programs. If they do they try to build a team with just the players in their individual schools. These teams are not very successful outside our regional area and quite honestly get embarrassed at the sub state and state levels. My goal is to take the best of the best in this REGIONAL area so that the team will be able to advance further and in turn get the true AAU experience in a positive way. This frame of mind obviously goes against yours as well as some of the coaching staffs in this area because I don’t get a team together just to help build up any individual school program. I look at AAU as a tool for kids to sharpen their individual skills by playing with as well as against the best talent possible. This not only improves their skill level but also their confidence and level of play to set the stage and better prepare them for their athletic careers after high school. YOU PLAY WITH THE BEST; YOU BECOME ONE OF THE BEST!!!

Have you seen Vance/THS vs Blountville/Central 7th, 8th, or 9th grade games this year?! If you have you would see how ludicrous your statement “You have to get the players from Blountville because if you didn't you would get embarrassed …” sounds!! :rolleyes:  ;)

825569452[/snapback]

Yeah I seen the 9th grade play. The last time they played at your place Central won by about 20. So your right, that is ludicrous. Also, tell me who were your 2 best players last year on your AAU team. How come you didn't include the 6th grade on there? I will admit though that the 7th and 8th were down for Bltv this year compared to the past.

Yeah I seen the 9th grade play.  The last time they played at your place Central won by about 20.  So your right, that is ludicrous.  Also, tell me who were your 2 best players last year on your AAU team.  How come you didn't include the 6th grade on there?  I will admit though that the 7th and 8th were down for Bltv this year compared to the past.

825569476[/snapback]

I wouldn’t say that I had any one or two players that stood out from the rest. Each one had their strengths and weaknesses. There was no one who I would say had the complete game YET. I don’t mention names when talking about the team on these posts. It sometimes puts unwanted expectations on the kids’ shoulders. The team last year was a 7th grade 13U team and we only had one 6th grader that made the team. He played the 4 or 5 for his 7th grade team at Vance this year because he was the tallest player on the team, but he played the 1 or 2 for me. Other than him I don’t know much about that age group. We had an 8th grader on the team last year that plays on the freshman team at Central this year and receives some quality PT on their JV. His birthday qualified him to play on the team even though he was in the 8th grade. He is a good shooter with great range and he scored a lot of points for us last year, but he struggled defensively. Especially against the athletic teams we went up against in Memphis. He will continue to get confident in his game this summer and will be a headliner at Central within the next two years. I hope Central’s coaching staff doesn’t scare him into not playing this summer like the Blountville group tried to do last year. I know this probably isn’t the thread to be discussing this, but I can’t help but get excited about the up and coming talent in this area. STOKOMO was right … there is talent in these here hills. It’s just spread thin between the many schools of NETenn.

I wouldn’t say that I had any one or two players that stood out from the rest. Each one had their strengths and weaknesses. There was no one who I would say had the complete game YET. I don’t mention names when talking about the team on these posts. It sometimes puts unwanted expectations on the kids’ shoulders.  The team last year was a 7th grade 13U team and we only had one 6th grader that made the team. He played the 4 or 5 for his 7th grade team at Vance this year because he was the tallest player on the team, but he played the 1 or 2 for me. Other than him I don’t know much about that age group. We had an 8th grader on the team last year that plays on the freshman team at Central this year and receives some quality PT on their JV. His birthday qualified him to play on the team even though he was in the 8th grade. He is a good shooter with great range and he scored a lot of points for us last year, but he struggled defensively. Especially against the athletic teams we went up against in Memphis. He will continue to get confident in his game this summer and will be a headliner at Central within the next two years. I hope Central’s coaching staff doesn’t scare him into not playing this summer like the Blountville group tried to do last year. I know this probably isn’t the thread to be discussing this, but I can’t help but get excited about the up and coming talent in this area. STOKOMO was right … there is talent in these here hills. It’s just spread thin between the many schools of NETenn.

825570767[/snapback]

Nobody at Blountville tried to scare them from playing AAU this year, you didn't invent AAU basketball, these guys had been playing it well before you came along.

Just ask Central's Coach Vaughn. AAU and summer-league ball has helped his team grow in numbers. They have 14 guys that play ball together, and good. There are more pros than cons in playing AAU. This will probably be my last post on CoachT. I have some adversaries that say I need to keep a low-profile. I get so passionate about basketball and I have to realize that I am a TSSAA coach now and have to watch what I say because some will object to my opinions. SO! Let me just say that it is wonderful for ANYONE who genuinely helps kids be the best they can be. TSSAA coaches have a very difficult time trying to coach and sometimes be a role-model to the players. The job is stressful and yet the most gratifying job anyone can have. I have been blessed to be in the position I have and wish everyone a safe and blessed post-season!!!! Let the 2nd season begin!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!

B)

Nobody at Blountville tried to scare them from playing AAU this year, you didn't invent AAU basketball, these guys had been playing it well before you came along.

825571553[/snapback]

All I know is what was relayed to me by the Blountville players. When I said “scare him into not playing” I didn’t mean a knife was held to their throats … lets just say that their participation was not encouraged. I in no way implied that I was the inventor of AAU. I organized this team because there were no other teams for this age group in this area. If you know of others tell me their names and I will stand corrected. :ph34r: