Wilson Central vs Mt. Juliet

WilsonCentral22

two schools who are within 20 miles of each other, and are #1 and #2 in the state will square off on January 14. Most of the players on these teams have played with each other, before the schools split a few years ago. last year they played an epic 4 overtime game. this game should be incredible.

thoughts on who will win?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two schools who are within 20 miles of each other, and are #1 and #2 in the state will square off on January 14. Most of the players on these teams have played with each other, before the schools split a few years ago. last year they played an epic 4 overtime game. this game should be incredible.

thoughts on who will win?

825493088[/snapback]

Hey, they may play for the Championship in the Greeneville Tournament.

It's my thought these 2 teams will meet each other SIX TIMES this year with the final game being in the Class AAA finals in Murfreesboro.

No question in my mind these are the 2 best teams in the state.

These are the two best teams in the state...each game will be great im sure....but the decidint factor will be the health of both teams.....these games are always heated and enjoyable......the girls game will be the one to watch...the guys games will be ugly ha ha....if they play in greeneville i think that would be a good warm up for both teams before the big ones back home

yea, i go to wilson central

our guys were the big talk this year, but so far have choked. after making the final four last year, and apparently having maybe an even better team this season, it looked like the guys who would steal the stage. i just hope they can pull it together and make a run at state again. we have the talent

kellie gassie is amazing. if any of you guys have gotten a chance to see her play, its amazing. the way she conducts the team on the floor is awesome

Just remember MJ and WC aren't the only teams in the Greeneville tourney. There is also Greeneville, Heritage, Powell, Jefferson County and a defending AAAA state champion from Louisiana who could just mess things up for you both this year. I believe Greeneville spoiled WC's dream season last year in the 'boro. Also tell me where you are obtaining state rankings this early. I don't think the AP polls come out until sometime in mid-Jan.

Edited by barb

the Tennassean has a mid state ranking system that has them 1 and 2....and when Greenville did beat WC last year i would have to say this is a better WC team then the one from last year...i do believe these are the two best teams in the state...heritage is a one girl team....but it should be fun to watch the only thing im worried about right now with WC is health and ill leave it at that

the Tennassean has a mid state ranking system that has them 1 and 2....and when Greenville did beat WC last year i would have to say this is a better WC team then the one from last year...i do believe these are the two best teams in the state...heritage is a one girl team....but it should be fun to watch the only thing im worried about right now with WC is health and ill leave it at that

825493751[/snapback]

OK Mailman lets spill it. You've been hinting about the health issue so lets hear what the deal is. Who's sick or who's got health issues. Like I've told you Mt Juliet is my team and I am for Central all the way excpet when they play the Bears.

Go Bears Go

yea, i go to wilson central

our guys were the big talk this year, but so far have choked. after making the final four last year, and apparently having maybe an even better team this season, it looked like the guys who would steal the stage. i just hope they can pull it together and make a run at state again. we have the talent

kellie gassie is amazing. if any of you guys have gotten a chance to see her play, its amazing. the way she conducts the team on the floor is awesome

825493350[/snapback]

I go to Wilson Central too.

For the girls, the thing I have much doubt in is their depth. I would say depth alone hurts them badly against a team of Mt. Juliet's caliber, and while they are a great team, when they have to play another tough girls team who has alot of depth (ie Mt. Juliet), how wil they hold up?

For the guys, they need someone to take the leadership role. Last year, Biddle and Lunn were holding that team together, making the all important shots, being the charismatic leader. This year, they have been an out of control dream team. Hope that changes by FEB.

Wilson Central[/url] Dogg' date='Dec 22 2004 - 06:08 PM']

For the guys, they need someone to take the leadership role.  Last year, Biddle and Lunn were holding that team together, making the all important shots, being the charismatic leader.  This year, they have been an out of control dream team.  Hope that changes by FEB.

825494134[/snapback]

yea. while biddle last year wasn't a huge scorer, he was a huge part of the team's emotion. and lunn was just huge all around. i would of thought that nathan this year would stand up and become the emotional leader. it just hurts to see our team have so much talent, yet they are not performing well