Wilson Central vs Mt. Juliet

WilsonCentral22

This post was put up like a month or so ago. I thought I'd pull it up and get it started since the game is next friday.

Lately WC had been struggling losing 4 of their last 5 games. Losing Williams to an injury has certainly affected them. I've heard she will play against the Lady Bears.

I think it will be a great game. Gassie is the key for WC. If she takes over and plays like she' capable she could score 30+. She is such a unselfish player. Always seems to make that pass to a teammate instead of taking the shot herself.

The key to the game is this. Will WC double down on Clark and leave the MtJ guards open to shoot the 3's. Its all how do u want to take your poision. MtJ has 3 starters, Pigue, Hudson, and Gibson that can fill it up from outside the arch. And 2 more off the bench, Van Atta and Munz. If Clark is on there's no way WC can win.

I believe Mt. Juliet wins by 10 to 15.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't foget Clark is a force under the boards getting rebounds. I'd say she gets around 5 to 7 offensive rebounds a nite and those are usually layups and maybe a foul sending her to the line for a possible old fashioned 3 point play.

One thing I've noticed about Clark. Her freethrow shooting has been amazing. I think ever since the Greeneville Tournament she's hitting close to 90% from the line. And she is going to get fouled no question about that so this is just gravy. And don't forget about McFarlin. She is a good mid-range shooter and she is money in the bank when shooting FT's.

Really being a MtJ fan I hate saying this but actually they are a complete team in every aspect of the game. They have a great inside game. Outstanding outside shooting the 3's. Good guard play. They play outstanding defense. And they have excellent depth. I mean they have 4 girls comming off the bench that they don't lose a beat with. Clark is the only player that is not replaceable.

Id say central takes there chance with letting MJ take threes and double down on clark you never know whensomeone has a bad night....And Macrfarlign (or how ever you spell it) doesnt really impress me ill give her anything she wants besides a lay up and plus whoever she is defending must use the speed advantge but if i was mj id play zone

this game will be decided in the first four minutes of the game. if mj comes out and takes the lead by 6 or 8 i think mj will steam roll to a victory. though if wilson central comes out and makes it a close game mj will be in for a long night. if gassie catches fire watch out. it doesnt matter if someone is hurt or not. just ask wilson central last year when alysha went down and it went into four overtimes. this game is about who wants it more, the title of best basketball team in wilson county.

I've heard Bud is holding Williams till the MJ game this friday.

Is this a rivalary game ? ? ? ?

Ofcouse it is. These girls played basketball together in elementary school and junior high. They know each other and are friends with one another. Usually when one team is playing and the other is not alot of the players from the team not playing come watch the game.

It should be a good game. Like lpmarlowe said the game will be decided the first four minutes. When MJ comes out focused they are a handful. And I believe they will come out focused because this game means alot to them.

I know they have set some goals this season. One was to win the Greeneville Tournament, which they did. It's obvious what some of their goals are such as winning the State must be at the top of the list. But beating Central is somewhere on the list, trust me.

Go Lady Bears