Coach Blair!

Gripper

I found these on the Reno tournament.

Final Matches

103 - Jordan Oliver (Easton Area, PA) vs. Nikko Triggas (Campolindo, CA)

112 - Jr. Hager (Broken Arrow, OK) vs. Brian Moreno (Foothill SA, CA)

119 - Vincente Varela (Rio Rancho, NM) vs. Corey Borges (Hughson, CA)

125 - Seth Caisulli (Easton Area, PA) vs. Todd Schavrien (Poway, CA)

130 - Billy Murphy (Hughson, CA) vs. Elijah Nacita (Bakersfield, CA)

135 - Alex Krom (Easton Area, PA) vs. Tyler Shinn (Ponca, OK)

141 - Cyler Sanderson (Wasatch, UT) vs. Kipp Bowman (Temecula, CA)

149 - Tyson Thompson (Lehi, UT) vs. Lewis Gonzales (Turlock, CA)

152 - Shane Vernon (Broken Arrow, OK) vs. Cory Beeson (Temecula, CA)

160 - Bobby Musser (Cimarron, NV) vs. Luke Smith (Idaho Falls, ID)

171 - Sonny Yohn (Alamosa, CO) vs. Tommy Pasque (Ponderosa, CO)

189 - Jake Varner (Bakersfield, CA) vs. Ron Lee (Crator, OR)

215 - Jared Rosholt (Ponca, OK) vs. Colton Nichols (Poway, CA)

275 - Dallan Norton (Wasatch, UT) vs. Dustin Finn (Westmoore, OK)

If you look closely, you'll see Bobby Musser at 160 lbs. This is definitely amazing...this is by far one of the most difficult tourneys in the country, and he's in the finals. Congrats to him.

I found these on the Reno tournament.

Final Matches

160 - Bobby Musser (Cimarron, NV) vs. Luke Smith (Idaho Falls, ID)

If you look closely, you'll see Bobby Musser at 160 lbs. This is definitely amazing...this is by far one of the most difficult tourneys in the country, and he's in the finals. Congrats to him.

825493158[/snapback]

That is the same Bobby. I ran into him in Fargo in the summer. He and his team won state last year.

Not to call attention to your invalid statement, but I checked the web site and Bobby Musser did not only fail to make the finals, he was eliminated in the 3rd round consolation bracket Peter Kollmeyer from Downs, Michigan.

825493195[/snapback]

Which website did you check? The research I did came up with the same information as Gripper.

I havent checked but I would probably say that coach Del is correct here. I have been to this tournament and it is harder than the tennessee state. I would have a hard time believing someone who couldnt make the finals of state in TN could win the reno tournament. I think this tournament is ranked #3 in the country behind The Beast and the Ironman. There is usually like 60 something teams there. The winners of this tournament are usually multiple time state winners. Just to give an idea, the only 4 time state winner from california never won this tournament.

Bobby is one of those kids that wrestling coaches hope they get one like occasionally. He has the ability, aptitude, drive, intellect, passion (total love of the sport) that puts him in the rare class. As a sophomore he placed third in DI and was on an upward spiral. There is no doubt that had he remained in Tennessee for his junior year, the placements in one DI weight class would have been different last year.

There is no surprise that during his senior year he is competing on the Reno level.

Given that he has a coach like Coach Blair or his equivelant, the surprise would be if he were not competing on that level.

Edited by delaWarr

I havent checked but I would probably say that coach Del is correct here. I have been to this tournament and it is harder than the tennessee state. I would have a hard time believing someone who couldnt make the finals of state in TN could win the reno tournament. I think this tournament is ranked #3 in the country behind The Beast and the Ironman. There is usually like 60 something teams there. The winners of this tournament are usually multiple time state winners. Just to give an idea, the only 4 time state winner from california never won this tournament.

825493233[/snapback]

Heaven forbid that a kid work his butt off and get better.

According to the site, I just went there, Bobby Musser finished as runner up. This is the 2004 bracket. So if I am mistaken, we are still in 2004. Therefore, the same Bobby Musser finished 2nd in this top notch tourney.

Also, it looks as if Bobby was seeded 4th in this tournament. Bobby was definately a top notch wrestler while here in TN. Could be that Bobby saw a higher bar and reached for it.

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS