Wednesday – December 29

5:00 PM – Powell vs. West

6:30 PM – Anderson County vs. Maryville

8:30 PM – Karns vs. Heritage

Thursday – December 30

5:00 PM – West vs. Anderson County

6:30 PM – Powell vs. Heritage

8:30 PM – Maryville vs. Karns

Schedule taken from the News Sentinel today; It didn't list if this schedule was boys or girls, so I hope it's the boys schedule. If anyone knows for sure let everyone know.

Edited by HiwasseeVol

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this Tournament actually start on Monday? I am hearing that the Powell/ Maryville game is a first day game but is set for Tuesday instead of Monday? anybody kow for sure? I know the Knoxville News Sentinel has the first day as Monday , but I have heard different?

825498377[/snapback]

According to the season schedule released by Powell High School, the tourney runs the 28-30, which would be Tuesday though Thursday.

I watched two games tonight, the Karns vs. West game that Karns won 61-51 in OT. It was a real ugly game from both teams. No one really stood out - bad passes, turnovers, mental mistakes, you name it both teams had it all. Karns finally put some type of game together and pulled away in OT as Fersner led the Beavers with 19 tonight.

Maryville hit the game winner as time expired in the Powell vs. Maryville game on a 5 ft shot in the paint. Powell led almost all the game until midway in the 4th as they put together a 6 point lead. Powell fought back to tie the game until the Rebels hit the last bucket.

It was my first time seeing Maryville and I thought they were a well coached team. They don't look first for the 3pt shot and take the ball to the hole well for some undersized players in the middle. Once they take the ball inside they do know how to finish. They also made some 3's when the ball was kicked out when the inside was taken away. I almost thought the Rebels were a bit of a throwback team as they play hard-nosed defense and just go about their game plan on offense in workman like fashion. They were fun to watch.

Anderson County was set to play Heritage as I left.