Best High School Coach In East Tennessee?

BBandBBallFan

Well I'm put my 2 cents worth in for the top coaches in the SE portion of the state and in no particular order; Robert High - Brainerd, Austin Clark - Baylor; Dan Wadley - Temple, and Kent Smith - Bradley Central. Common attributes of each coaches' teams are well-disciplined, hard-nosed defense, and fundamentally sound play. These are teams that coaches dread to play.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry Hull???  LOL, thats best joke I've ever heard!!!  His team is nothing, in my oppinion.  And if hes such a great motivator, then theyd beat some quality teams.  And dont say Walker Valley, because again, in my oppinion, they are just a rug above Sequoyah.

825504043[/snapback]

like u said BluNWhite, Walker Valley is right down there w/ Sequoyah. and i think it goes Walker Valley ChapaR Verga Todos Los Dias. still love it tho!

~Blue Nation Rox my Sox!!!~

I dont see how you could go wrong by saying Coach Smith from Bradley Central. After taking a team full of Juniors and Sophomores to the State Finals a few years ago and going back last year again for the 4th time in 5 years. He lost 8 seniors last year and in that group of Seniors also went 90% of the scoring and ALL the heart, but Bradley is going to be right back again. They have only lost 1 game so far and is currently ranked #2 in the state. This was suppose to be a rebuilding year and Coach Smith's toughest year yet, but WOW what a rebuilding year so far! Coach Smith has got to be the best coach in East Tennesee and probably the top 2 coaches along with Coach Tipps from Memphis as the best two in the state.

George Pitts coaches at <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, which, unless it has been relocated (the tsunami was in the Indian Ocean, right?) is in Williamson County, TN--a county that is as much Middle TN as is possible.  Now, one will not argue the ability of Mr. Pitts with his having won state championships at both the public (Science Hill) & private (BA) levels, but lets at least get our geography correct. 

P.S. - I don't know who the best coach in East TN is, but most definately the award for the greatest motivator by way of his shoes is Perry Hull of Sequoyah.  Air Force Ones?  No one can contain such style and grace.  Also, Bob Williams of Walker Valley, with his suddenly tightening shirts (festive holiday weight gain?), should recieve some sort of fashion award.

825503416[/snapback]

if u read my post i said state i dont care if brentwood academy is on the moon to tell you the truth.

Bill Hall of Scott High School is the best coach around, on and off the court. He is vice-principal and a teacher. He always has a smile for the students, and he encourages the best out of his students and players. More then just a great coach he is an awesome person and let's face it.......it takes both to be a great coach. What good is a coach if his players hate him and don't like him as a person!!!!