Dyersburg Tourney

mrbigster

The Lady Rebels played the Poplar Bluff Mules and the game was back and forth with both teams really playing hard..With about 4 to 5 minutes left in the game ,the older Roney girl had to come out of the game with a foot injury..I talked to the assistant coach and he said it didn't look good...After the game I talked to the Sports Plus trainer and he said about the same thing,that she may have broke a bone in her foot...Hopefully it won't be a season ending injury...She was having a terrific game and both Roney's made the tournament team..It will be a big blow if she won't be able to play..Hopefully,it won't be as bad as it looked.

Central has a lot of good, young players and a great coach in Suiter. If Roney is out (she didn't play vs. Collinwood at Huntingdon event tonight), OC should be able to overcome, maybe change style of play from post to perimeter. .... Hopefully, she'll be back soon.

Tonight: Lady Rebels 63, Collinwood 42. (outscored C-wood 37-17 in 2nd half)

Lady Rebs improve to 15-2 (3-1 in last four days). Tankersley played center in place of Roney and scored 11

J. Reedy 6

A. Reedy 3

J. Davis 6

K. Boykin 16 .. 11 Reb.

Jana Roney 8 or 9 (can't remember)

That is good news..Hopefully she will make it back..Looks like Central played pretty good tonight ..Northwest..you said Tankersley took Roney's place ..Is that the tall lefthanded girl?..I remember a left handed girl or at least I think I did and a short dark haired girl playing against Poplar Bluff..Both did a pretty good job...I think the left handed girl played against Dyersburg but don't remember the dark haired girl playing..But both did play against Poplar Bluff...The dark haired girl looks young..like she may be a freshman or sophomore..I also saw her play in the Dresden Thanksgiving tournament...

That is good news..Hopefully she will make it back..Looks like Central played pretty good tonight ..Northwest..you said Tankersley took Roney's place ..Is that the tall lefthanded girl?..I remember a left handed girl or at least I think I did and a short dark haired girl playing against Poplar Bluff..Both did a  pretty good job...I think the left handed girl played against Dyersburg but don't remember the dark haired girl playing..But both did play against Poplar Bluff...The dark haired girl looks young..like she may be a freshman or sophomore..I also saw her play in the Dresden Thanksgiving tournament...

825502325[/snapback]

I think the dark haired girl you're referring to is Whitney Williams.She's a freshman.

Thanks Rebfan..I kind of figured she was young..You can kind of tell...but she is doing a good job as far as I could tell..pretty steady to be so young but I believe is going to be an excellent player,not that she already isn't..I'm just saying from what I've seen of Central...I saw them at Dresden and two of the games at Dyersburg and with the younger Roney and Williams,that you are referring too,the future looks very bright..And I'm pretty sure they have several young ,talented players besides these two...I look for Central to go a long way this year,especially if Roney comes back..I drove to Milan last night and saw two more excellent teams..Milan and Humboldt..The Hayes girl from Humboldt is the real deal and the Poston girl that plays for Milan is going to give a lot of teams a lot of head aches in the future..I'm glad their's not in Single A..lol....So it looks like girl's basketball in West Tenn is pretty strong this year and is going to become even better..I know Gleason has a young team with a couple great sophs..Lake Co has no seniors and are starting two freshmen..

I think they have a good shot to go the 'boro this year.With so many young players seeing alot of playing time,it makes the future look really bright.I know agaisnt Poplar Bluff they had 5 freshman on the floor at one point during the game when the game was still in doubt.That shows the talent that is there.Time will tell how good they'll be.

I really hated to hear of the injury to Jenna Roney, one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen. If she can play, she will as soon as she heals up, just a great kid. When you look at the Lady Rebels, they are deep, and will continue to work thru the schedule. Boykin, Davis, Tankersly, and Abby Reedy, who is back now all offer leadership, and I have seen some very seasoned play from this group of freshman, Mcgee, Reedy, Roney, Williams have all played beyond their years at times this season. At the first of the season I said that if the returning players and the freshman got together they would and could be VERY good, and that seems to be the case. Coach Suiter has had a solid first half of the season, and it could and should only get better.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!