Union City vs Austin East?

treefitty74

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

72-58?!?!?!?

Somebody call the Holidome on exit 78B. .... Looks like a team wearing Purple and Gold gonna be needing some rooms in March. :)

825502496[/snapback]

The Tornados might want to focus on getting through West Tennessee and Memphis before going to the 'boro. They are by far good enough to make it there, but they wil have to play some very talented teams to get there.

Weddle scored 34 of their 48 points in their only loss to the team from Arkansas. He scored a game high 28 in the last game. Coby wasn't mentioned for scoring an excessive amount of points, but I'm sure he still ran the offense and played defense as well as he usually does.

Edited by naderman

The Tornados might want to focus on getting through West Tennessee and Memphis before going to the 'boro.  They are by far good enough to make it there, but they wil have to play some very talented teams to get there.

825503323[/snapback]

Well, of course, I don't wanna go putting the cart before the horse, but this is a pretty darn good team. Yeah, I'd love for UC to have that 6-5 guy, but they're doing well. The fact that they play so well on defense in addition to their offense is what makes me think The 'Boro is in the future. But, again, you're right. Let's get past the regionals and sectional game first, and then the rest can take care of itself.

Not a bad start for the Tornadoes...17-2...Beaten some very good teams early on....This schedule should really help them come tourney time...

825502509[/snapback]

THIS TOURNEMENT IN POPLAR BLUFF SHOULD SOLIDIFY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM AND SHOULD PUT A STOP TO ALL THE CONVERSATION THAT UC HASN'T PLAYED A TOUGH SCHEDULE. THEY ARE NOW 17 & 2 AND YET TO LOSE TO A TENNESSEE TEAM. I WOULD ALSO ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT WHEN I COVERED THEM ON THE RADIO AGAINST HENRY COUNTY, DECEMBER 17TH THAT IT WAS NOT ONLY MY OPINION BUT ALSO THE OPINION OF THE HENRY COUNTY COACHING STAFF AND THE SPORTS WRITER FOR THE PARIS NEWSPAPER THAT THEY COULD BE STATE BOUND. HENRY COUNTY'S BOYS COACH TOM WEAKS TOLD US THAT THEIR WOULD BE A LOT OF QUALITY TEAMS GO DOWN IN DEFEAT TO THE UC SQUAD DUE TO THEIR QUICKNESS, ABILITY TO SEE THE FLOOR SO WELL AND THEIR OVERALL ABILITY TO PLAY TRANSITION BASKETBALL AT A LEVEL THAT THE MAJORITY OF THEIR OPPONETS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY AT. HE ALSO STATED THAT THEY PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY ANY BETTER THAN THEY ARE RIGHT NOW AND IF THEY DON'T PEAK TOO EARLY GO AHEAD AND MAKE PLANS TO SEE THEM PLAY IN THE BURO. thumb