Best Coach in AA

BigRoyalBen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc Shelton I think has the most impressive resume of all these coaches and I believe is the best coach. He already has two gold balls and numerous State App.

825509584[/snapback]

Was Shelton coaching the Royals back in 97 when a Marty Sisco coached team from Union City beat them in the first round of the state tournament on their way to the school's 3rd state championship of the 90's???

Was Micah Marsh a player for Alcoa in 1992 when a Marty Sisco coached team beat Alcoa for the state championship.Their second of 3 in the 90's???

Marty Sisco is now an assistant to his son Shane on the bench at Union City....You said coach not head coach..So I'm saying Marty Sisco...His resume is a bit more impressive than the 2 above mentioned coaches....

In 10 years at UC...Marty coached 3 State Champions...I may be wrong on this Sportsradiotn or NWTNSports could help me out...6 Sub-State appearances....5 State Tournament appearances..10-2 record in State Tourney play....64-12 in all post-season games..Coached the team with the most wins in school history (33)..And had not been for an ankle injury to Mr.Basketball 1991 Stanley Caldwell and a tail-bone injury to Kevin Treadwell,UC would have no doubt won the title in 1991..Which would have made 3 straight titles....UC was 29-2 entering the region finals that year...Lost to McNairy Co. at the buzzer(Stanley could barely walk as could Treadwell) in the region final....Which put them on the road to eventual State Champion Mem Kingsbury(A loss they avenged in the 92 semis of the State Tourney)a team that ended the 91 campaign 39-1...That's all just at Union City...That's not to mention his years as head man at Kenton High School....

Shane is 114-50 in his years at his alma mater....

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga