Raleigh Egypt vs. Bolivar

MentalTownBaller

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the "Bolivar isn't as hungry as last year" jazz.

825506716[/snapback]

Yep, and I was one of the people saying that. I had my doubts about this team being as good as last years but this was a big win tonight. Im sure Rudesill has done something to get them motivated. I know last year he left practice and told them he wasnt coaching again until they proved that baketball was their top priority outside of school. Atleast for now everyone saying RE is the best team in AA can lose those thoughts and put Bolivar back at #1 until someone in this class can knock them off.

Edited by btowntigers

I GUESS I WAS WRONG I SAID BOLIVAR BY 3 AND THEY BEAT THEM BY 4. BOLIVAR IS A WELL COACHED TEAM AND THE AREA IS JUST WILD ABOUT BASKETBALL. AS LONG AS RUDESILL STAYS IN BOLIVAR THEY WILL ALWAYS FIELD GOOD TEAMS. WHEN YOU LOSE PLAYERS LIKE LAKE, BECTON & WALKER & CONTINUE TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL YOU HAVE TO SAY WHAT IS THE CONSTANT HERE & THAT IS COACH RUDESILL. WILLIE IS A ONCE IN LIFETIME KIND OF PLAYER , BUT RUDESILL WAS WINNING BEFORE WILLIE EVER PLAYED FOR BOLIVAR.

Guest catfish-hunter
I GUESS I WAS WRONG I SAID BOLIVAR BY 3 AND THEY BEAT THEM BY 4. BOLIVAR IS A WELL COACHED TEAM AND THE AREA IS JUST WILD ABOUT BASKETBALL. AS LONG AS RUDESILL STAYS IN BOLIVAR THEY WILL ALWAYS FIELD GOOD TEAMS. WHEN YOU LOSE PLAYERS LIKE LAKE, BECTON & WALKER & CONTINUE TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL YOU HAVE TO SAY WHAT IS THE CONSTANT HERE & THAT IS COACH RUDESILL. WILLIE IS A ONCE IN LIFETIME KIND OF PLAYER , BUT RUDESILL WAS WINNING BEFORE WILLIE EVER PLAYED FOR BOLIVAR.

825507182[/snapback]

I'd say that you hit the nail right on the head brobeck. Bolivar is a tremendous basketball team and to beat them will require an absolutely perfect played game by anybody in AA. It sounds to me like Raleigh-Egypt did just that last night in the first half anyway but Bolivar is a team without question that has the heart of a champion. When you have a player like Willie Kemp handling the rock and two front line players like O. Kemp and Wayne Chism then you are guaranteed to have a successful team based on talent alone. However when you add a tremendous basketball coach like Rick Rudesill and those fans, who I've experienced first hand can become very hostile, then that successful basketball team becomes a GREAT basketball team even though they did lose a Mr. Basketball Finalist in Brian Lake and both of their perimeter shooters in Becton and Walker. Raleigh-Egypt has the talent to get to the 'Boro this March and I would expect to see them and Bolivar meet again when that time comes. I just hope that it isn't in the first round like what happened last year.

Raleigh Egypt returned 13 out of 15 players off of last year's state tournament team.  Lost starters, Michael Joyner and Carlton Peete to graduation.

They will be playing tonight without starting 2G, Rico Seay, who's recovering from a stress fracture to the shin bone and just got out of a walking boot yesterday.

There will be several interesting matchups in the game tonight and plenty of athleticism on the floor.  If you plan to get a seat, better come early.

825506139[/snapback]

How much longer is Rico going to be out?

Hey Opp

Been under the weather lately and didn't catch your post.

Rico has a stress fracture in his shin bone and tried to play through it but it just got too painful. Dr. put him in a boot the second week in December and he will be ready to go on Jan. 17th.

Tim Green has played well in his stead, but he is now hurt and will miss Tuesday's game with Kingsbury. Marcus Hunter has played a lot, giving him some much needed playing time. Derrick Grandberry looks to be out for season with a bum knee, so we have been playing a little thin at the guard spot. Should be back at full strength in a couple of weeks.