Strength Of Schedule

mrbigster

I read in a newspaper article about 3 weeks ago that the strength of schedule rankings were done by the strength of the teams you play plus how the teams do against other teams..The story in the paper said teams from out of state wasn't part of the calculations because there was no way to tell who these teams have played and how their strength of schedule would be...Well,I noticed about two weeks ago that Lake Co was 7th..At that time they had two losses..One was to a team from out of state..The other was to Middle College...Lake Co played in a tournament in Illinois during Christmas..They lost their first two games there and dropped to 24th last week...They suffered three more losses and now have dropped to number 60...So basically ,if the paper was right..I believe it was a Columbia paper,Lake Co would only have 1 loss..to Middle College...If the losses do count,how do you know who these teams have played and the strength of schedule..These losses were to much bigger schools..Lake Co knew in going to the tournament that they realistically only had a chance against one team..So,even if these games do count,from what I hear,these teams were a lot better from most of the Tenn.teams that are ranked ahead of Lake Co..So I would think the strenght of schedule would be higher than the strength of schedule of 60 that you have..If you compare Lake Co's schedule with a couple teams that are above us,and that we have beaten,I think you could take these 5 out of state games and compare them with any 5 teams that these teams have played..not counting that we have beaten Trenton and Middleton and surely see that if these teams have played a schedule that ranks around 12 that we surely should have played a tougher than 60,win or lose..Plus we each played the same opponents in 3 games and in two of those Lake Co won by more points..So,do the out of state games count or not?If not we would only have 1 loss as far as calculating by computer.. to Middle College,the only Tenn team we have lost to .If they do count,I don't see any single A teams that have played 5 teams like Lake Co did in Illinois..plus they have wins over Trenton and Middleton..I think your computer needs tweaking..

Your overall record, wins and losses, counts. If you are 5-5 then you are 5-5 and your winning percentage is 50%. What we can't track is the wins and losses of your out-of-state opponents since we haven't a way to do that. So, a win or a loss to an out-of-state team counts the same whether the team you played was 10-0 or 0-10.

Your overall record, wins and losses, counts. If you are 5-5 then you are 5-5 and your winning percentage is 50%. What we can't track is the wins and losses of your out-of-state opponents since we haven't a way to do that. So, a win or a loss to an out-of-state team counts the same whether the team you played was 10-0 or 0-10.

825505932[/snapback]

So in reality,it doesn't matter how tough the team or how big the school is..So it's not really a strength of schedule ranking..It's just judged by wins and losses..

If it is based on just wins or losses how is Halls ranked 24th with 4 losses and Trenton is 12th with 5 losses?I'm just curious..

So in reality,it doesn't matter how tough the team or how big the school is..So it's not really a strength of schedule ranking..It's just judged by wins and losses..

If it is based on just wins or losses how is Halls ranked 24th with 4 losses and Trenton is 12th with 5 losses?I'm just curious..

825506437[/snapback]

Trenton's opponents have won 54% of their games and Halls only 48%. And, no, size of school doesn't matter. Just straight up basketball.