Lewis County @ Giles County

wneely

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles played bad against Wilson Central but if they hit half of their free throws it would not have been close . I hate to blame any loss on the refs but anyone there saw how they called the game against Giles when they played Beech and Wilson central. I would love to see how it would have came out if it was called different . Don't get me wrong Wilson Central played with a lot of heart and that dunk at the end was tremendous ! I repeat I would love to have seen it if it was called right. thumb

2live you are so right! I tip my hat to Wilson Central. They are a good team. However they had big time trouble beating giles county's press. To me that was the turning point in the game. Free throws and the refs played a big part in the game. Hey 2live what you think about Channing Coffey and his coming out party. He is doing a heck of a job since the christmas break. With him coming around, I think that they have a chance to make a run to the state.

Guest catfish-hunter
I know most people are watching the Orange Bowl tonight, but are any people from Lewis County making the trip to see the Bobcats tonight.

This could be a close game if GCHS plays like they did against Wilson Central.

825506130[/snapback]

Well folks which was closer the Giles-Lewis game or the current 45-10 beating that USC is laying on Oklahoma??? How many points does Tyler have because I know that Matt Leinart currently has 5TD passes (sad part is that the game is still early in the second half).

Giles lost the game to Wilson Central because of the 1-3-1 defense Coach Holt had them in at the beginning of the game. Smith was playing at the top and Holt was down low. Wilson Central collected all the rebounds. It wasn't until coach Holt went to a man to man defense that Giles County was able to cut the lead from 19 to 10 by halftime. Staying in the man defense and pressing was almost enough to win the game for Giles, but very poor free throw shooting prevented that. The 19 point deficit was too much for Giles to overcome against a good Wilson Central team. Giles County, in my opinion, should always start out in a man defense. They have good defenders that know how to play the passing lanes.That's 4 Real!!!

That was a great move by Tyler. I would like to replay it for those who couldn't see it.

Okay, it was the 4th quarter, about 3:43 left in the game. Giles County was up by 38 points. Coach Holt was gonna pull out the starters but Tyler waved him off and told him he was gonna stay in to dunk one more time. Holt sat down and nodded his head. Smith stole the ball from one of Lewis County's freshmen and then went down and dunked over another freshmen who is 5'6". He charged into the kid but the ref called a block. I think he missed his free-throw.

Great sportsmanship from Classie Freddie Blassie, aka Coach Holt, for leaving in his starting 5 over halfway thru the 4th quarter with a 38 point lead and playing against Lewis County's freshman squad. That shows a lot of class.