Waverly & Jackson Northside game

philmeyer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly played a respectable game at Northside. Northside didn't play as well as I have seen them in the past, but neither did Waverly. It was a very physical game and it will be interesting when they play at Waverly. Middle Tennessee officials won't allow the handcheck and physical play that was allowed. As for the difference in the second half, I thought the turning point was after Jonathan Leonard (who played very well) hit a 3 pointer for Waverly to cut the Northside lead to 1 in the 3rd quarter. Waverly then called a timeout and after the timeout Northside went on a 14-0 run to put the game away. I agree with you GoMab that Northside sort of goes thru the motions for awhile before deciding to play. The Delk brothers both played well and are the real deal even though they didn't shoot the 3 ball as well as I have seen them in the past. Northside had 4 nice dunks and some amazing blocks. For Waverly, Leonard had a nice game and Ricco Ralston showed he can play with the big boys. No one on Northside could guard him and keep him from getting to the rim. Big key was Northside's total dominance of the offensive glass as they killed the Tigers in that area. I think Waverly will definitely benefit from this game and look for a closer game Monday at Waverly when they have a rematch. For people in the middle Tennessee area, it is definitely a game worth attending. FYI: They have a girl (Williams?) on the girls team that is the best girls player I have seen in a long time.

I beg to differ with you Tiger14, but I've seen Northside play on several different occasions and they were definitely going thru the motions for quite awhile. I'm biased towards Waverly, but can be objective when watching us play. I do think we got their attention though and if Northside goes thru the motions Monday night and we come out ready to play then we can pull the upset.

In the first game I don't think Waverly quit playing team ball, rather Northside just kicked it up a notch on us. As for the bench, Waverly usually goes with a 6 player rotation, but has been getting good minutes from Mangrum and Tidwell lately to make it an 8 player rotation. You are correct in saying we do have some good players over on the bench, but there aren't to many high school teams that go more than 8 players deep. I don't think depth has been a problem for us this year and as long as everyone stays healthy I don't think it will be.

I have been able to attend a lot of the games and there were times when it looked as though the Waverly starters were very tired. Tidwell and Mangrum do provide help off the bench but from what I've seen and heard people say they are not the only ones who can play off the bench. Forrester I've been told is a good shooter and Lee is a good player and both I'm told could provide valuable minutes.  But it would do them well if Rawlings played all of these guys more. Who knows when an injury could occur or foul trouble.

825512794[/snapback]

Well, well, well. It seems that we have run into the bitter parent again. I read this article only an hour and a half ago and I now know what your child's name is. Please use better judgement when posting on this site and others so that you don't have to come back and edit it when it looks like you might get found out. I can only hope that your son does not know what you are saying because I am sure he would be completely embarassed. I am also sure that he knows that you are his #1 fan. I wouldn't know you if you walked into my house today but I sure have learned alot about your character in just a few posts. Counseling or seeking counsel from a good pastor might help you with your issues. Besides, this thread is about a basketball game. Jackson Northside is a very talented team, I hear. Besides the Delk twins, has any of the other boys signed college scholarships? I would like to see this circus show come to town. Keep me updated tomorrow night and tell me how it goes. thumb

6'5 Forward Dell Coleman has Division 1 offers, but will go Junior College first to strengthen his academic standing, and is leaing toward 3 time defending KS JC champ Coffeyville (KS) CC...

6'1 G Anthony Coleman will sign somewhere... If he has the grades, he will be a great D-II/NAIA pickup...

6'5 F Chase Campbell also will sign somewhere, likely Juco, also to improve his academic standing. Chase is a great athlete who will start college at just 17...