Who replaces Campbell?

buffcoach

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Doug Phillips has replaced her on an interum basis, but says he will not coach next year.  Anyone heard any names floating around for the job next year.

825507340[/snapback]

The best thing Hampton could do would be bring her back next season. Not only would it be best, but it would be the right thing. As much as she's gave to that school as a player and a coach, she deserves a much better faith.

You people must not really know all that has gone on and happened. It would not be in the best interest for her to come back. Ever think that there had to be a pretty good reason for them to do something this drastic in mid season. Try not to talk about something that you know nothing about. As for who will be there next year, your guess is as good as mine but they need some new blood or a fresh face.

You people must not really know all that has gone on and happened. It would not be in the best interest for her to come back. Ever think that there had to be a pretty good reason for them to do something this drastic in mid season. Try not to talk about something that you know nothing about. As for who will be there next year, your guess is as good as mine but they need some new blood or a fresh face.

825507621[/snapback]

so..... what happened? I thought the girls were playing better. Why the change?

Given a chance, Coach Oliver could do well with these girls. He's good with kids, and has a understanding of what it would take to win. I believe youare right about Coach Hazelwood, unless he would come back for his daughter. Coach Oliver deserves a chance though.

You are correct bigreddog, it is Kelly Oliver. I was making my assumptions regarding what took place in the spring with the coaching change. I too think that Coach Oliver would do a good job, I was just wondering if he would take the job if offered. Who knows what is going on, seems to be a game of musical coaches, so to speak after many years of stability.

825513271[/snapback]

word through the grapevine (and this is only hear-say) that Coach Oliver may have had a hand in the dismissal of Leslie. And I'll say it again, this is only whats going through the grapevine. Something about playing time for his daughter and so forth.

Coach Oliver and his daughter were very supportive of Coach Campbell. I think she has started since she was a freshman and never left the floor. I feel Coach Campbell's dismissal was not basketball related. Please dont start rumors, those young ladies are dealing with enough turmoil.

Coach Oliver and his daughter were very supportive of Coach Campbell. I think she has started since she was a freshman and never left the floor. I feel Coach Campbell's dismissal was not basketball related. Please dont start rumors, those young ladies are dealing with enough turmoil.

825513331[/snapback]

I didn't start the rumor. The issue has been skirted since she was dismissed, and that rumor started at the school. I'm sure that where ever Les goes she'll be well received. I only hope that the reason for her dismissal was a legitimate one and not just someone holding a grudge. You know, if every teacher or coach was fired for "mistakes" they've made then Hampton Elem. and the High School both would be short a few educators.