Kenwood vs. Rossview (Results)

EJessenArmy

Emotions are a part of wrestling. Even a coach can get emotional. It was a good match last night, and the focus should be on the wrestlers performance. To all fans coachs and wreslters, I would rather focus on the intensity and heart of the wrestlers for both teams and not os much on anything else. I love wrestling and I love good rivalries like the one we have with Kenwood. That is what makes the sport fun, please do not taint it bashing anyone or anyones wrestlers.

Coach Harrison

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a wrestling fan, a past wrestler and a Rossview Booster I feel a need to respond to this thread.

This banter needs to end. Kenwood has excellent coaches and a great group of wrestlers as well as Rossview and all the schools in Montgomery County. Kenwood coaches, as well as any coach, will fight for their kids and that is what occurs.

In Josh Allens incident what I saw was Coach Masters trying to fight for his wrestler, right wrong or indifferent doesnt matter, the point was clarified by the ref, Josh was standing there waiting to shake and Coach Masters shook his hand. His hand was shaken, maybe not as quickly as some would have liked but it was definately shaken.

It is good to have rivalrys but their is no need for animosity. Things happen in the heat of battle but in the end win or lose we are all friends trying to better the sport of wrestling, better our children, and prepare them for their life ahead. That is the bottom line.

Just my 2 cents worth, but please stop this rock throwing.

Who you callin' 40?

825509725[/snapback]

UH.......

You, ...maybe...

I mean i just typed a whole paragraph to you. But of course you would like to argue with a 17 year old, just as much as you would like to not shake their hand.

Good job with the match last night coach...

Maybe you should go to manners school, they teach you how to shake there...

As a coach myself, I have worried more about my kids than to shake the opponents hand at times. Also, as a younger coach most wrestlers go to my assistant instead of myself, so not everyone has perfect judgement. In the same respect often an opponents hand shake is nothing more than a slap. Perhaps Grissom Alabama's coach has the right outlook on this:

You're not wrestling the coach, you should shake your opponents hand, then at the end of the match shake hands as a team.

As for Coach Masters I beleive 36 is pretty close, yeah?

It's good to not be the school known for athletes with poor attitudes anymore. I haven't heard one coach get upset about Masters's actions, and they are the ones that really know him. Regardless, sounds like Rossview was able to pick it up when they needed to. Region duals between Rossview and Clarksville? I wonder if there will be as much coach bashing after that one. Probably not from Clarksville High. They have at least as much manners as the Kenwood wrestlers, who seem to be able to both win and lose with some dignity.

As a coach myself, I have worried more about my kids than to shake the opponents hand at times.  Also, as a younger coach most wrestlers go to my assistant instead of myself, so not everyone has perfect judgement.  In the same respect often an opponents hand shake is nothing more than a slap.  Perhaps Grissom Alabama's coach has the right outlook on this:

You're not wrestling the coach, you should shake your opponents hand, then at the end of the match shake hands as a team.   

As for Coach Masters I beleive 36 is pretty close, yeah?

825509845[/snapback]

I talked briefly with Coach Desaro about this after BlackHorse seeing as how we had just wreslted a close match that our 215 lost and did not take the best attitude aferwards and did not shake his hand. Coach Desaro said actually he didn't mind and that was the way he preferred it (regarding to the hand shake) and that is what is being encouraged down in his neck of the woods. His thoughts were that in many cases the wrestler only shakes hands because he is forced to anyway (particularly the defeated wrestler) and that this does not mean anything anyway so why go through the motions. This is certainly the case in situations where you have the handslaps, etc. as mentioned above. For many of these reasons his approach does seem to make sense.

However, I have to admit that I personally prefer to shake a coach's hand out of respect. Anyone willing to step on the mat with you deseres your respect and certainly anyone who is capable of coaching them does as well. Even when I was a wreslter and not a coach I enjoyed shaking the other coachs' hands after I finished my match. However, I will admit that there is nothing more enfuriating than when a member of the opposing team makes faces / says things during the time when both teams shake hands. It very much disturbs me that after a good competition no matter the outcome when one team acts disrespectfully towards another, such as has been the case in this thread. And I realize it is not the entire Rossview team but only a few individuals but what those individuals clearly fail to understand is that they represent their entire team in their actions when they post something and clearly identify themselves with that program whether it be in their speech (or typing in this case) or their actions when they are in uniform or out. I certainly hope that their teammates set these few individuals straight before they become an even bigger embarrassment to their program.

Insulting a well-respected coach like Coach Masters (although I do not know him personally, only his reputation) is ridiculous and simply unacceptable behavior. He is a coach and that speaks ultimately about how much he cares about our youth and therefore I am sure that he would never intentionally disrespect an opponent.

In the previous post someone mentioned that the actions and replys on CoachT represent my entire wrestling team. You can not be more wrong. I have spent the whole morning investigating who has been posting these threads. I teach my wrestlers to have sprtsmanship, and I pride myself on my own sprtsmanship. It turns out that none of the resposes came from wrestlers, rather they came from other athletes in our school who attended the match. As a coach it is my job to protect my wrestlers and stand up for their character. So unless you have concrete knwoledge of who someone is on CoachT, don't you ever accuse my wrestlers of anything without hard facts or any evidence at all!

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I want to clear this up. First of all I am not a wrestler just a proud Parent. I just wanted to jerk someones chain alittle. I guess I was a Jerk. Walk in my shoes just for a minute. You (or your son) just pinned someone. The other teams coach comes and trys to challenge the pin. Then after several minutes of talking with the Ref. and looking at rule books the Ref. determines the winner. The other coach then turns and does not shake the young mans hand. Twice. I realize that there are alot of things going on during these matches. But to sit in the stands and to see this happen---go figure. Yes I am going to talk to you coach. I regret getting so snippy, but I have threatened bodily harm to my son for getting mad and not going to shake the other coach's hand. Out of Respect and pure Sportsmanship. If this all happened out of just plain confusion on the mat then I am sorry. :huh: We will be at Father Ryan. I know it will be a busy time but when you have a break look us up. DAD

I was there at the match and I'd have to say that both coaches did an admirable job considering all of the circumstances. They're both managing very competitive and respectable programs. Both teams are or have been ranked in the top ten and I'm sure this was a highly anticipated Dual for both. At the age these wrestlers are at it's hard for them to control their emotions after a match, but the coaches definately did their best to control the highly intense atmosphere of this matchup. With all that said, at the end of the night these two teams shook hands and left it out on the mat so let's all try to do the same.

Oh, and I don't mind saying that the comments of "Chamillionaire" have been reported to the moderators of this forum. I really hope that this individual will decide to change his attitude on a forum where the rest of us true "Fans of the Sport" come to discuss relavent issues.

Coach,

I very humbly apologize to you and your wrestlers. It is my fault for making an assumption and not stating things in a way which they might be understood more clearly.

I did not mean that this individual was an actual representative of you or your quality program. I of course assumed it was the ramblings of one young man who had let his emotions get the better of him whether he has been a member of your team not withstanding. I certainly did not mean to insult you or your wrestlers, part of my response most likely came from our experiences last night as a team when a few individuals we had wrestled did not show much respect for those who had defeated them and said things during the post match handshake (this is part of what I most likely did not state clearly)... I apologize again. I also tend to forget that many teams are fortunate enough to have other fans come and watch many of their matches and therefore someone other than wrestlers may post with this information since we are just beginning to get the fans to come out to our matches. I am also very sorry that investigating this matter has taken up part of your day as these things are situations that coaches should not have to deal with to go along with all of the other major responsibilities we undertake.

Hopefully you can understand my apology and if our matches finish in time I will stop by Briarcrest's Dawg Days Tournament while you are here and apologize in person so that I may no longer be just a poster on CoachT to you.

Edited by WrestleSBA