Top Freshman in East TN......

chill

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to unapproved website.com these are the top Freshman in East Tennessee. What are your thoughts about this list and who has been left out? Compiling a list of freshman is tough because of the lack of exposure and ability to watch Freshman and JV games. So, I think Andre Whitehead has done a good job with this list. I noticed a lack of Chattanooga names and a lack of names from the Upper East TN and Tri-Cities area. Where are the Science Hill's, Bradley Central's etc etc.. Please add you thoughts.........

Rank Name Height Position High School

1 DOWDELL, QUINCHE 6-2 WF OAK RIDGE

2 GREGORY, JOSH 6-4 PF KNOXVILLE WEBB

3 BINDER, KYLE 6-5 PF KNOXVILLE FARRAGUT

4 STEPHENS, JARED 5-8 PG OAK RIDGE

5 SOMMERS, BRIAN 6-2 WF ALCOA

6 MINOR, DOMINIQUE 5-11 WF KNOXVILLE CARTER

7 BROWDER, CASEY 5-8 PG MCMINN CENTRAL

8 FENNELL, ANDY 6-0 SG KNOXVILLE BEARDEN

9 WALDEN, RYAN 5-10 PG KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

10 LANE, DOMINIQUE 6-0 SG KNOXVILLE FULTON

11 CALDWELL, G'METRIK 5-9 PG KNOXVILLE CARTER

12 NICOLO, MICHEAL 6-1 SG MCMINN CENTRAL

13 JENKINS, WILL 6-2 PF BRADLEY CENTRAL

14 BREAZEALE, ZACH 6-1 WF ROCKWOOD

15 JAMESON, JEFF 6-3 PF KNOXVILLE FARRAGUT

16 SCHULTZ, DANNY 5-9 PG OLIVER SPRINGS

17 SHARPE, JONATHAN 6-3 PF ANDERSON COUNTY

18 ABRAHAM, JOHN 5-10 SG KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

19 HUNDLEY, RILEY 6-2 WF KNOXVILLE FARRAGUT

20 CALDWELL, GREG 5-10 SG KNOXVILLE CARTER

21 REYNOLDS, MICHEAL 6-3 PF KNOXVILLE FULTON

22 DOUGLAS, AARON 6-5 C MARYVILLE

23 MORIARTY, SIMON 6-1 C ROCKWOOD

24 FLOURENCE, DARREL 5-10 SG KNOXVILLE AUSTIN EAST

25 CRADIC, KEITH 6-3 WF VOLUNTEER

26 WHITE, MICHEAL 6-1 SG ANDERSON COUNTY

27 DAMRON, JORDAN 5-9 PG MARYVILLE

28 BOSTON, CURT 6-3 PF ROCKWOOD

29 GHOULDIE, GRANT 6-7 WF ANDERSON COUNTY

30 SHIVER, STEPHEN 6-1 SG MARYVILLE

31 SMITH, LEON 5-9 PG KNOXVILLE AUSTIN EAST

32 BRYANT, WILL 6-1 WF KNOXVILLE FULTON

all around i think that those rankings are pretty fair

michael nicolo shouldn't be on there? have you seen him play? he's good. he does a lot of things on the floor that don't go in the box score. he makes smart plays, picks for people makes good cuts. he should be on there. maybe lower but no doubt on there.

825532919[/snapback]

I dont think nicolo should be on there, but the high ranking is kinda ridiculous....but i think that browder is deserving of his ranking

i for one was not impressed with jenkins from bradley central. i think he is way overrated. i heard he was supposed to be the next oglesby but he's no where near that good.

825534284[/snapback]

That Jenkins kid is nothing. He didn't impress me at all. He is just an average player to me. He's a big baby, too.

I dont think nicolo should be on there, but the high ranking is kinda ridiculous....but i think that browder is deserving of his ranking

825536836[/snapback]

Well Nicolo dont get to play as much as browder so its kind of hard to say that but you are right browder does deserve his rank!!! But nicolo should be on there years to come will show!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've heard of Shannon Hollingsworth and I must say he's one of the top 30 players in the East Tennessee area. I don't understand why he's not in your list.

The coaches from Fulton didn't let Shannon play Freshmen this year because he's so much advance for that age group. However, he is playing JV and he's one of the top players on that team. I've been watching/coaching since 5th grade and I know how good he is. He was the league MVP in the KMS(Knoxville Middle School League) last year. He's a baller and if he can keep his grades up, he'll be one of the top players to come out of the Knoxville Area.

Darryl Florence and Leon Smith of Austin East should be higher up on that list as well. Mike Reynolds of Fulton well he should be a little lower. But those 3 players along with Will Bryant and Shannon all play on the same AAU team.

• 2 weeks later...

Dowdell as first is reasonable. He is top scorer occasionally for Varsity Oak Ridge which is seeded #1 in 3-AAA. BTW he is 6'-3". Second should probably be Curt Phillips, 6'-3" forward who plays JV at Sullivan South (I believe they lost one game). He is by far the best JV player in Tri-Cities and is the only player I've seen stand up to Dowdell (at the Middle School East Tenn. tournament in Pigeon Forge last year) where Phillip's team (Colonial Heights) eventually won.

Edited by Anthony17